No announcement yet.

We're leaving Iraq

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    You dont think everything we do in the middle east is because of oil?
    Correct. I do not think that. It's much more complicated.

Dont think in terms of usa taking their oil and oil fields.
    Why not??

If it's a "war for oil" as you claim, obviously we would have taken the oil when we easily could have.

Guess which growing power and future superpower depends on oil from the middle east?

War breaks out between u.s. and China. Do you think u.s. will let china keep getting oil from the middle east?
    If war break out between us and China, then I can see your point.

But we are not at war with China.

Let's discuss what we think the proper actions to take are with how the world is now, not what it might/could/maybe in the future.

How many u.s. bases and u.s. alliances does the u.s. have in the region?
    Too damn many.

China can kiss most of that oil goodbye.

Our european and asian allies are also the most dependent on middle east oil. EU, japan, South Korea, etc.
    Our influence and military makes sure they have access to that oil.

It's not just about u.s. needing or buying middle east oil. As I said before we dont need their oil. We're self sufficient.
    Plenty of oil outside the ME. You have large oil reserves in Indonesia, for example.

Then you have Venezuela too. And I'd wager theyll sell it pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
      We ain't leaving. Even if we have to set up shop in the newly formed Kurdistan.
      If the Kurds ever declared independence they would be invaded simultaneously by Iran AND Turkey. And what a fine pickle that would be for Mr Trump and his advisers. What to do, what to do....

Comment

Well this sux. Seems more make news. That's to bad. Bring em home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          If the Kurds ever declared independence they would be invaded simultaneously by Iran AND Turkey. And what a fine pickle that would be for Mr Trump and his advisers. What to do, what to do....
          Neither would attack with an American military base was there. If they actually go through with wanting us to leave, watch the Sunnis and Kurds break off.

Comment

Good News.

What is the date when all troops and bases are gone?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Good News.

What is the date when all troops and bases are gone?
              I got suckered into fake news. I wish tomorrow.

Comment

Neither would attack with an American military base was there. If they actually go through with wanting us to leave, watch the Sunnis and Kurds break off.
                You mean just like Turkey didn't invade the Syrian border area in 2019 while US troops were nearby?

Oh wait, they DID invade despite warning from our boy Donald and US troops in Syria and northern Iraq.

Turks don't GAF about the US in the region. They have us by the balls because WE need THEM more than the reverse since they let us use the Incirlik airbase.

Comment

False alarm...not happening. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    You mean just like Turkey didn't invade the Syrian border area in 2019 while US troops were nearby?

Oh wait, they DID invade despite warning from our boy Donald and US troops in Syria and northern Iraq.

Turks don't GAF about the US in the region. They have us by the balls because WE need THEM more than the reverse since they let us use the Incirlik airbase.
                    You don't have to make **** up. Quit acting like they attacked Americans. They didn't. Theres also a reason they haven't invaded Northern Iraq. Trump put sanctions on em and they didn't do **** about the airbase. Save your nonsense.

Comment

You don't have to make **** up. Quit acting like they attacked Americans. They didn't. Theres also a reason they haven't invaded Northern Iraq. Trump put sanctions on em and they didn't do **** about the airbase. Save your nonsense.
                      I did not say they attacked Americans. I said there were American troops in the region, which is absolutely true. Kurds have been a thorn in the side of Turkey since Attaturk. Both Iran and Turkey have sizable Kurdish populations and neither one wants or would allow an Independent Kurdish state that included parts of their territories. Whether or not they Kurds should have a country is besides the point. The facts on the ground are I have stated them. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                      X