Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ward vs Froch, slightly resemble Pavlik vs Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know a few fighta ago I probably would have said yes, but froch has really impressed me in his fights vs. kessler (i had him winning), abraham, and johnson, he's improved so much, I think it will be a hard fought fight with ward winning a fairly close decision

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
      no

end thread/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ward is nowhere near as savvy as Hopkins, and Froch has more weapons at his disposal than Pavlik

Ward UD

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
        Will it be a similar sort of schooling is what I am getting at.

Same fight night dynamics.
        I think Ward will make it more competitive than Pavlik but I think Froch could put on a masterclass like Hopkins did.

Comment

I think Froch's defense is underrated because he keeps his left hand so low. I would say Froch's defense is slightly better than Pavlik's because of the way Froch knows how to position his body.

That said, I think this fight can be a slaughter similar to Hopkins-Pavlik.

I don't think Froch can outbox Ward or bully Ward. Heck, if anything, I think Ward can bully Froch.

I just think Ward can beat Froch on the inside and outside. I give Froch a slight puncher's chance, but that's about it.

Comment

Froch is a pretty crafty guy himself. He will struggle with Ward's speed on the outside, but he's going to make a good fight of it.

Comment

nah, froch isn't anything like pavlik except in the speed category. froch is much more crafty and actually "thinks" when he fights, rather than just plodding forward throwing punches. . . he is developing into a "read and react" fighter. . . ward has shown he can box from the outside (against kessler), or go to town on the inside (green). Froch has shown he is definitely better from the outside, but against johnson he also displayed ability to fire off combinations from the inside. . . should be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                Not even close bro,Froch is a way better fighter then Pav...Froch always makes his offesne a factor of a fight..And even tho most would say Froch has ****ty defense that's really far from the truth...In the short Froch is a better fighter then Pav,and Ward is not as good as B-Hop...

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  nah, froch isn't anything like pavlik except in the speed category. froch is much more crafty and actually "thinks" when he fights, rather than just plodding forward throwing punches. . . he is developing into a "read and react" fighter. . . ward has shown he can box from the outside (against kessler), or go to town on the inside (green). Froch has shown he is definitely better from the outside, but against johnson he also displayed ability to fire off combinations from the inside. . . should be a good fight.
                  Totally agree and if I can green sent..Great post brah..

Comment

Froch is more difficult to dominate because of his style.

Comment

Working...
                    X