UFC 131 Is A Pretty Crap Card.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 131 Is A Pretty Crap Card.

$50 for this? Really.

The Main Event is Ciagano vs Carwin. Which is a good fight and will end quickly. But Main Event PPV worthy I don't know about.

But fights like Donald Cerrone vs. Vagner Rocha, & Dave Herman vs. Jon Olav Einemo on a PPV main card are dredfull. Are UFC for real?

Maia vs Munoz & Florian vs Nunes are decent fights but nothing more. And Florian dosent really excite me.

Really a pretty crappy card as far am concerned. And not PPV worthy.

Obviously. Not only that but style wise every single fight but the main event has potential to be boring ass decisions.

I'm gonna order this show merely on the fact that I love JDS. He's is one my favorites in the UFC, he has tremendous striking, and he has a great personality. Gotta support my boy.

The next great UFC card is the Rio one. Then the Cain vs. JDS one in Houston. The rest of the cards between now and then are garbage.

Strikeforce however got some great cards coming up and I'm happy about that.

Comment

I think it's a great main event and I'm pretty hyped for it. Well, I would be but I'm going away that weekend so will miss it but I agree that the rest of the card isn't so good. I'm a fan of Maia but this is another opponent that doesn't really excite me, I hope he wins and that they put him in with someone like Palhares, Bisping, Stann, Belfort etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
        $50 for this? Really.

The Main Event is Ciagano vs Carwin. Which is a good fight and will end quickly. But Main Event PPV worthy I don't know about.

But fights like Donald Cerrone vs. Vagner Rocha, & Dave Herman vs. Jon Olav Einemo on a PPV main card are dredfull. Are UFC for real?

Maia vs Munoz & Florian vs Nunes are decent fights but nothing more. And Florian dosent really excite me.

I'll be streaming again.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
          Obviously. Not only that but style wise every single fight but the main event has potential to be boring ass decisions.

I'm gonna order this show merely on the fact that I love JDS. He's is one my favorites in the UFC, he has tremendous striking, and he has a great personality. Gotta support my boy.

The next great UFC card is the Rio one. Then the Cain vs. JDS one in Houston. The rest of the cards between now and then are garbage.

Strikeforce however got some great cards coming up and I'm happy about that.
          What about UFC on Versus 4? That card is ****in stacked. The Faber vs Cruz 2 card isn't as bad as 130 or 131 either. Not to mention a lot of fights on their have exciting ass fighters it's just their lower weights so nobody appreciates em.

I'll most likely be streaming this one. Injuries hurt this card really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
            What about UFC on Versus 4? That card is ****in stacked. The Faber vs Cruz 2 card isn't as bad as 130 or 131 either. Not to mention a lot of fights on their have exciting ass fighters it's just their lower weights so nobody appreciates em.

I'll most likely be streaming this one. Injuries hurt this card really bad.
            The UFC on Versus card is a good card name wise, but I guarantee you it's gonna be a snorefest. Especially the Kongo-Barry fight. Mitrione vs. Morecraft though is most likely gonna be the best fight on the televised card, it'll be a good fight.

The UFC 132 card looks okay. Wandy vs. Leben is gonna have a few exciting moments, Kim is gonna outclass Condit. The Ortiz fight is gonna be a snorefest. The fights I'm most interested in are the Guillard - Roller fight and Georgy - Dos Anjos. One of those is gonna be fight of the night. The best is these are most likely gonna be on facebook.

You gotta remember that all because a card is filled with stacked names doesn't mean the fights themselves will be good. You gotta look at it as a style match up. Cruz vs. Faber is gonna be lame. Ever since Cruz won the title he became GSP jr. I'm not gonna pay $55 for that.

Comment

The UFC on Versus card is a good card name wise, but I guarantee you it's gonna be a snorefest. Especially the Kongo-Barry fight. Mitrione vs. Morecraft though is most likely gonna be the best fight on the televised card, it'll be a good fight.

The UFC 132 card looks okay. Wandy vs. Leben is gonna have a few exciting moments, Kim is gonna outclass Condit. The Ortiz fight is gonna be a snorefest. The fights I'm most interested in are the Guillard - Roller fight and Georgy - Dos Anjos. One of those is gonna be fight of the night. The best is these are most likely gonna be on facebook.

You gotta remember that all because a card is filled with stacked names doesn't mean the fights themselves will be good. You gotta look at it as a style match up. Cruz vs. Faber is gonna be lame. Ever since Cruz won the title he became GSP jr. I'm not gonna pay $55 for that.
              You really think Kampman vs Howard will be a snooze fest? I think that fights gonna be outrageous. Jon Howard is a exciting as hell. Except the Ellenberger fight where he got layed on but I see it looking just like the Diego fight with Kampman trying to out point him with Jon Howard pushing an exciting pace trying to get that KO.

Every fight has the potential to be boring that's the cost of being a fight fan but they could easily be exciting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
                You really think Kampman vs Howard will be a snooze fest? I think that fights gonna be outrageous. Jon Howard is a exciting as hell. Except the Ellenberger fight where he got layed on but I see it looking just like the Diego fight with Kampman trying to out point him with Jon Howard pushing an exciting pace trying to get that KO.

Every fight has the potential to be boring that's the cost of being a fight fan but they could easily be exciting as well.
                Nah I never said it was gonna be boring, it has the potential to be really boring though. Kampmann will get a quick sub. Quick finishes are not boring. Unless ya know he can't finish and just decisions him. Tell me, do you honestly think Kampmann will stand with Howard? Or would it be the smart thing for Kampmann to take him down and play his game. Howard has no ground game.

Chieck Kongo is gonna do the exact same thing to Pat Barry.

Comment

Nah I never said it was gonna be boring, it has the potential to be really boring though. Kampmann will get a quick sub. Quick finishes are not boring. Unless ya know he can't finish and just decisions him. Tell me, do you honestly think Kampmann will stand with Howard? Or would it be the smart thing for Kampmann to take him down and play his game. Howard has no ground game.

Chieck Kongo is gonna do the exact same thing to Pat Barry.
                  I was just saying since you said the events would be snorefest, this co main event could easily bring it to a new level. I was thinking more about Alves vs Howard since Alves out pointed him pretty easily. That was another exciting fight, I got that card on burnt DVD and it's freakin damn good fight haha. Kampman was just in a war too with Diego, Diego's has always been a decent puncher. Kampman decided to trade with Daley too. Daley's a much more lethal striker because of his speed with that same devastating power.

Just 2 always exciting fighter, Expect a great fight while it last. Kongo on the other hand, that is true. I'm just hoping he stands for a little bit first so Berry can chop them legs up first to hurt him from shooting in.

I like watching fights hoping for the best. That's what kinda make it exciting for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
                    $50 for this? Really.

if they could possibly make a card worse than ufc 130 they're going to try and start making them happen

i cant believe anybody in his right mind thinks that 130 would be worth 55 bucks

if you really believe in purchasing these pay per views you've got zero taste, and will consume whatever the **** dana white says is cool and puts on the back of his tapout shirts

never have i been more glad to rock a stream than for the recent string of ufc pay per view on non-boxing nights

go get your tattoos on your shoulders
                    wear your gay little mma fanboy shirts
                    and keep on circle jerking to BS ppv if you're one of those mma fanboys

all you MMA fanboys out there... **** you!

Comment

Working...
                    X