No announcement yet.

WV toughman contest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WV toughman contest

this said "contest" is going on in my area on feb. 7-8 and ive considered entering, but please note, this is a boxing event, but its not boxing, its a bunch of wild hillbillies swinging their guts out for 3 explosive 1 minute rounds, now being trained as a boxer, i cant decide how to go about this, should i come out swinging? or should i wait until they gas themselves out and then lay 'em out? i have an excellent right hand that would surprise a few people but these guys can prolly take one on the chin and not go down. prize money is involved so i have some motivation, what do you guys think?

Originally posted by \/oid161 View Post
    this said "contest" is going on in my area on feb. 7-8 and ive considered entering, but please note, this is a boxing event, but its not boxing, its a bunch of wild hillbillies swinging their guts out for 3 explosive 1 minute rounds, now being trained as a boxer, i cant decide how to go about this, should i come out swinging? or should i wait until they gas themselves out and then lay 'em out? i have an excellent right hand that would surprise a few people but these guys can prolly take one on the chin and not go down. prize money is involved so i have some motivation, what do you guys think?
    In some areas, the local boxing association won't let you compete if you've done a Toughman competition. Check with your local gym before you enter.

Comment

really?, so if i did this toughman, and then i went back to the gym, and did an amateur fight that required me to travel somewhere that they didnt allow it, then i wouldnt be able to compete?

Comment

I think if you are allowed because in the end of the day its just some fun really. To just go in with all guns blazing, you said you got a good right hand, use it get them don't but don't make a fool of yourself either, go in hard fast but don't get careless!!

Comment

agreed chris, i think im gonna let them punch themselves out, then go for the rush.

Comment

Yeah that would be a good way, just don't make a fool of yourself, show them what you really are like when you get into it.

Comment

hell, even if i do make a fool of myself, there is always next year for redemption. but since ive never had an official amateur fight, i figured this would be the best way to take a hard hit and actually push myself. I'm not afraid of losing or anything like that, but i'll be disappointed because i know i can win.

Comment

Ok then i suppose if you want to be hit then you should let yourself get hit by so big geezer and see if you can come back to it, i aint saying anything about you but i've known folks that have gone into the ring in their first fight and got hit for the first time, then end of round they have retired because they can't take being hit... Now i aint saying thats you but i suggest you get into a proper fight before an amature one so it don't go down on your record if you get me! i'm sure you're not going to be like that bloke!!

Comment

no, dont get me wrong, ive had heavy sparring matches, and a few club brawls, i've been hit, that theres no doubt about. And in this match i dont intend to get hit, but if i do, then i want to know that i can get up .

Comment

Thats alright then, i give you my best in you're tornament! By the sounds of it the prize money is already yours, but there might be other amatures entering that are better... Keep an eye out!!

Comment

Working...
                    X