No announcement yet.

Need important help with wrapping!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need important help with wrapping!!!

When I usually wrap before a fight I do a classic handwrap, put on a little tape to keep it tight, then step into the ring. And lately I really want a thicker, neater, more cushioned wrap. So the other day I was watching a few boxing vids via YouTube and realized that their wraps were very neat and thickly cushioned, can someone please tell me how to wrap like the pros, using gauze, tape, and whatever.
    THX!!!!!!

My coach puts sponge foam on my knuckles before wrapping. Its exactly what is sounds like, "sponge foam". You can buy it at any hardware or home materials store. it looks like this, but more so a rectangle https://secure.magicparlor.com/catalog/images/121L.jpg
    If you want, you can buy a few regular dish sponges, which are really cheap, and cut off the rough part and put the foam part on your knuckles. You put it on your knuckles before wrapping, then wrap but not too tight, and near the end of wrapping make your hand a fist and wrap it kind of tight, not really tight, just make it tight enough. Then that's how your wraps look nice and thick. And it really helps the knuckles. I didn't have any bruises or pain after I started wrapping my knuckles with foam. But I dont know about tape. I dont use tape and my wraps are fine. Well I hope that helped.
    Last edited by Hitman18; 03-07-2007, 11:01 PM.

Comment

O.K. thanks a whole bunch, I really need that extra protection.

Comment

Working...
      X