No announcement yet.

Mayweather would beat GGG despite huge size disadvantage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather would beat GGG despite huge size disadvantage

Maybe not a 40 year old Mayweather, but a 35 year old Mayweather would beat GGG. I can't see GGG landing anything big on him.

Originally posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    Maybe not a 40 year old Mayweather, but a 35 year old Mayweather would beat GGG. I can't see GGG landing anything big on him.
    Yeah one thing last night showed was if you're fast with crisp counters GGG can be made to look sloooow

Comment

I think this is an accepted fact. But Mayweather came from 130 so he wasn't going to go to 160. At 154 he beats GGG 10-2. At 160 8-4. This is any Mayweather under 36.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Smurf View Post
        I didn't see ggg land one significant hard punch on canelo.....yea he was busy but his aggression wasnt effective imo.

Comment

Lol, keep dreaming. Golovkin was tentative against Canelo and Jacobs because both are good punchers and are primarily counter punchers. He would absolutely walk through anything Floyd threw. Floyd is too small and doesn't have the power to keep Golovkin off him.

Comment

This is exactly what I was thinking throughout the fight. If Nelo can do this to him then Floyd would pitch a shutout for sure, at 36 and under of course.

38 year old Floyd that fought pac would school him too.

Comment

Lets make them at their nearly their best. Both at 154 6 years ago and Mayweather would outscore GGG. This is the only outcome I see. Mayweather gets stunned once or twice and as always uses his brilliance to adjust and systematically picks GGG apart.
              Last edited by richardt; 09-17-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Sadly, he probably would. Floyd has the perfect style to school GGG and beat him, regardless of the size.

Comment

They always had to inject Mayweather into the conversation. Can we move on without this Floyd comparison stuff? Only a small minority finds his boring clinching style pleasing anyways. Besides, he's not going to fight anyone of these prime guys. He's retired. Keep your admiration of him to yourselves please.

Comment

12 round shut out for pretty boy floyd, easy work.

Comment

Working...
                    X