No announcement yet.

aggressive right handers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aggressive right handers

i was at the gym last night and I went to watch and there was a kid that would just do the same thing again and again and again he would lean and put all his body weight on his back leg and hit powerful rights and he wasnt jabbing much at all so i thought to myself what can you do when hes coming at you with a hard right as his first hit and have no clue what to counter or defend with?he kinda lunges at you he leans back on his back leg(right leg) and then he basicly takes a big step into you and starts hitting with hard rights almost like hes jumping at you
    Last edited by boxing4ever; 04-01-2008, 03:32 PM.

1.) Step in with the jab when he leans back and knock him over.

2.) Duck under his arm, put your lead foot between his feet, and come up with your right shoulder under his right tricep, while driving an uppercut to the midsection with your right hand. If he's being a dick, hold him in place with your left glove on his back, pinning his elbow between your shoulder and his ear, and keep uppercutting him until someone separates you. Don't do this to anyone you like, or who you want to remain friends with outside the ring.

3.) Stand your ground; pivot, parry, and hook. If he's jumping in, you should be able to hook him squarely in the face.
    Last edited by fraidycat; 02-18-2007, 01:39 AM.

Comment

If he is telegraphing the right hand just step in and jab him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCol View Post
        If he is telegraphing the right hand just step in and jab him.
        ^^^^

Best answer.

He's going to be counting on you being afraid of him. Stepping into him takes away his only weapon. Do it fast enough and you'll get him off-balance, then you own his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
          ^^^^

Best answer.

He's going to be counting on you being afraid of him. Stepping into him takes away his only weapon. Do it fast enough and you'll get him off-balance, then you own his ass.
          thanks man i appreciate this this kid is cocky and thinks hes the **** i havent been at my new gym for not even a month yet i decided to learn everything over again due to my last gym not paying enough attention to me and i was doing everything wrong so technicly i have been boxing for 2 months and i am pretty decent ill post up a video of me sometime but anyway this kid thinks hes roy jones jr when i was watching him spar he pointed at me and said i want you after sparring another kid and i think he said that mainly because last week i was put to the test and sparred a kid that has been boxing for 6 months that weight the same weight as me 165 and i just put it down on him and everyone was shocked how did this new kid make a 6 month deep boxer look like bad but anyway sorry for the long post

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post

2.) Duck under his arm, put your lead foot between his feet, and come up with your right shoulder under his right tricep, while driving an uppercut to the midsection with your right hand. If he's being a dick, hold him in place with your left glove on his back, pinning his elbow between your shoulder and his ear, and keep uppercutting him until someone separates you. Don't do this to anyone you like, or who you want to remain friends with outside the ring.
            This was the cold medicine talking. I'm a southpaw; this wouldn't work if you're both orthodox. You could use your left shoulder under his jab, but this works better against an overhand. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
              i was at the gym last night and there was a kid that would just do the same thing again and again and again he would lean and put all his body weight on his back leg and hit powerful rights and he wasnt jabbing much at all so i thought to myself what can you do when hes coming at you with a hard right as his first hit and have no clue what to counter or defend with?he kinda lunges at you he leans back on his back leg(right leg) and then he basicly takes a big step into you and starts hitting with hard rights almost like hes jumping at you
              persaonally i would pivot to the left (outside of his right) and jab him. let him do that a few times untill he's just a little tired than you can follow that jab with something like a ig right of your own!

Comment

Well depends if I like the guy or not.

If I do, or he's new of whatever:
                Ya, just jab when he loads up, it's knock him off balance, and you can just move away

If not:
                I would slip under it (which should be pretty easy if you know it's comin'), pivot left, and as doing so, I'd pound him in the liver. Couple o' liver shots and he'll have no energy for his big right hands.

The reality is, if this were a fight, you'd be able to demolish him, cause he'd be off balance alot, you'd basically know what he's gonna do, not to mention the fact that he telegraphs that right hand anyways. But in sparring, and you like this guy, or he's new or whatever, just talk to him outside the ring. Sparring isn't for loading up some shotgun of a punch and chasing a guy around a ring.

Peace,
                Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post

Ya, just jab when he loads up, it's knock him off balance, and you can just move away

If not:
                  I would slip under it (which should be pretty easy if you know it's comin'), pivot left, and as doing so, I'd pound him in the liver. Couple o' liver shots and he'll have no energy for his big right hands.

The reality is, if this were a fight, you'd be able to demolish him, cause he'd be off balance alot, you'd basically know what he's gonna do, not to mention the fact that he telegraphs that right hand anyways. But in sparring, and you like this guy, or he's new or whatever, just talk to him outside the ring. Sparring isn't for loading up some shotgun of a punch and chasing a guy around a ring.

Peace,
                  Trick
                  hes shorter than me im 5''7 and hes 5''6 maybee 5''5 and he punches upward because he gets into a very low stance and is fast and no i dont like the guy so i want to really put it on him hes cocky and likes to run his mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post

If not:

Peace,
                    Trick
                    Yeah...that wont work. This is reality...not a video game.

Comment

Working...
                    X