No announcement yet.

Gym Woes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym Woes

Basicly my current gym sucks dick. What do i do?

ps its the only gym in my town.
    Last edited by Dudemanguy; 08-20-2011, 04:04 AM. Reason: not being a whiny *****

I just wanna D:

Comment

Whats the biggest problem with your gym?

Comment

yeah you should tell us what you can't do in your gym...

Comment

Sorry if it comes off as whiney lol.

So the gym im going to at the moment is a mma gym and the people there are fun enough and its a good workout, but the boxing we do there is rudimentary at best atleast imo (Mit work mostly). And most of the time when we do box its usually kickboxing or full mma, and its possibly one of the most frustraiting things ever sparing with people who has a guard that doesnt guard the chin, temple, or ribs(Imagine putting your hands on your cheekbones then fanning your arms out halfway like your gonna do the chicken dance and halfway like you have a decent guard) Aka a **** guard and steping to tap them upside the head only to get there foot stuck in your shirt or push you back with a kick lol.

Adding on to the fact that i dont get any real boxing sparing at this gym, there is the fact that its not even a gym so much as a giant 2 hour cluster **** lession type of deal. So i cant even just go and work a bag after or before the class...

Then theres the fact that the guy running it will pretty much ignore you (There is max like 8 people ever there at once lol) unless you ask him a question, so pretty much if you dont catch yourself in a mirror or something feels wierd and you ask a question, you stay ****. Ie. For the longest time i had some shifty ass ****** stance where i would crouched over so far that i ended up being about 2 feet shorter than i am when i stand up, with my hands in a peekaboo guard. I got no feed back about this at all, in fact one time i wanna say he said i had good form lol.

Skip forward a few months to when i take a month off and visit family for a month in a bigger city, seeing as im there for a month i figure ill try to find a good gym. So i look around and eventually find a good gym and with in a month of being there i have gotten my stance and guard fixed making it so i dont get pummled whenever i spar someone and teaching me some easy ways to get inside to do some work on people (I kinda have t-rex arms so my reach is usually shorter than anyone im fighting unless im fighting a midget for some reason) and to top it all off they are very nice. The gym (A real gym not a ****ing empty room) is very clean. And while they arnt the wildcard or anything like that, they are still really legit, having people comeback from nationals winners and stuff. I learn more here in a month than i do at the other place in like... 4.

Its not all bad though, because apperntly the trainer at this gym (The first one mentioned) can get me some fights which is awesome, but at the same time i feel like if i run into someone who can hit as hard as me, take shots with me and has legit training, and isnt just some baffoon ill get out boxed till the day is done...

Ps. My trainer gets offended easily then goes into some thuglife gangster alpha male bull**** mode when you ask a question about some of the mma stuff he is teaching(Just things like, will this work on someone who is twice my size or doesnt suck at this like me) where he will put you in arm bars and **** and not let go even after you are tapping till he has had his words with you.. ****in stupid.
          Last edited by Dudemanguy; 08-20-2011, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. It is a shame that boxing gyms are closing down for the new MMA craze that is happening. Your coach also seems very inexperienced, at least in the boxing department. He did not correct your stance/guard at all which tells me he doesn't give a ****.

All I can tell you is just work you ass off when you are in this gym, and maybe visit the "good" gym that is further away to see what you have been doing is good or not.

Comment

Ya pretty sure whenever i get those 1 week breaks in between quarters from uni ill try to make it over there and cram as much as i can in haha. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

What gets me mad is when people don't wear deodorant and stink the whole place up. I realize I go to a hole in the wall boxing gym and people sweat, but still.. How hard is it to put on deodorant? And for those to have an odor disorder, meaning where showering and deodorant doesn't help, see a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    What gets me mad is when people don't wear deodorant and stink the whole place up. I realize I go to a hole in the wall boxing gym and people sweat, but still.. How hard is it to put on deodorant? And for those to have an odor disorder, meaning where showering and deodorant doesn't help, see a doctor.
                    phantom farts in the club, no deodorant in the gym...lets face it, you attract stinkbags.

Comment

Working...
                    X