Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to improve conditioning of the muscles right above my ass?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to improve conditioning of the muscles right above my ass?

i jog about 4 mi/day

after the 2nd mile i get this intense pain right above my ass. it feels like I'm stretching improperly or doing something wrong. usually i just deal with the pain but as my runs are getting longer and longer it is starting to become an issue.

anyone know an exercise to strengthen these muscles, besides backwards situps on that thing at health clubs,? or a better stretch to completely stretch the muscle?

the only really back stretch i do is i sit down, put my left leg over my right leg, twist torso to left and stretch,then vice versa..."gotta be a better way" ..as hagler says

i think squats kinda helps with those muscles theres this website that you can look at the anatomy and the excersis it should help

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Comment

your boyfriend thinks your ass is a lil too booty licious

badonkadonk

naw jsut do your squats watch what u eat and run
      if you do total body workouts everything will fall into place

Comment

Originally posted by Slipx
        i jog about 4 mi/day

after the 2nd mile i get this intense pain right above my ass. it feels like I'm stretching improperly or doing something wrong. usually i just deal with the pain but as my runs are getting longer and longer it is starting to become an issue.

anyone know an exercise to strengthen these muscles, besides backwards situps on that thing at health clubs,? or a better stretch to completely stretch the muscle?

the only really back stretch i do is i sit down, put my left leg over my right leg, twist torso to left and stretch,then vice versa..."gotta be a better way" ..as hagler says
        i feel the same pain sometimes but i dont know how to cure it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
          i think squats kinda helps with those muscles theres this website that you can look at the anatomy and the excersis it should help

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
          nice thx alot

Comment

I want to make fun of you sooo god damn bad right now. But I can't, I won't it is just too ez.

Comment

If its your lower back you can do back extensions.
              What you do is lay flat on your stomach then flex your ass then raise your legs and torso slowly at the same time. I wish I could provide illustrations but I can't find any.

Comment

Switch positions

Comment

You should try to do deadlifts, it will strengthen your lower back and help eliminate the problem.

Comment

i would think that pain would be coming from a technique problem... u may be too hunched over/leaning too far over while running... u could get it ur form n **** checked out at ur local running shoe store...

but aigh... dead lifts work the lower back like a mother

Comment

Working...
                    X