No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Says Mayweather Rematch Not Part of His Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Mayweather would screw him with the weight again.

Floyd's Dad and Uncle go around saying Floyd is small and can still make 140 any time Martinez is brought up yet when it comes to meeting 140lbers halfway Mayweather won't budge an inch, instead bringing them all up to a dead 147 division where they're only half as effective.

This is a great fight around 143lbs, but Mayweather doesn't do great fights, just atm withdrawals.
    he just fought manny at 147,what the hell you talking about?

Comment

dont want pac or floyd, and dont want to fight in the us.

chris john must have upped his offer to 11grand, jmm knows a good offer when he sees one.

Comment

Manny did screw Marquez with the weight, I criticised him for that too.

Bottom line is Marquez isn't a welterweight. I know it, you know it and both Floyd and Marquez know it.

He looked poor there against Mayweather and he was losing that fight to Pacquiao before he found some new-found one shot power from somewhere.

Forcing fighters up in weight is b/s just as draining them is, and I'll call any fighter on it.

what do you mean forcing fighters up in weight? marquez was suppose to move up to fight floyd. if you want to fight the best you go to their weight class. their not suppose to fight you at a catch weight. de la hoya went up to fight hopkins. mayweather went up to fight de la hoya. mosley went up to fight de la hoya. duran went up to fight ray leonard. bradley went up to fight pacquiao. hearns went up to fight hagler. hopkins went up to fight tarver.

Comment

Marquez did not develop 1 shot Ko over night... look at former WBA champ Ramos...

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
            He has commonsense...he knows he has no chance in hell to win,he got embarrassed the 1st fight
            Of course he did. LW vs MW. Thats embarrassing ! If anyone looked bad it was Floyd. He was that big weighed that much had that much of an advantage and still couldnt stop a LW! Thats Embarrassing! HE got no credit for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              That's BS Panda, Maruqez was getting hit but he was still in the fight and was tagging Manny even in the 6th round. I watched that round carefully and it didn't look like he was overwhelmed as you make it sound like. He fought a smart and technical fight. For you to even question whether Marquez is a warrior or not shows that you are a lil salty that he put Pacuiao's face down for 5 minutes.
              marquez looked pretty wobbly throughout the 5th to me...if u look at the punchstats for the last two rounds who was more accurate? who landed more power punches? http://compuboxonline.com/compubox-s...-ko-6-pacquiao

being outlanded 21-7 doesn't indicate to me he was fighting a smart and technical fight...

did he set him up for that overhand counter? yes, but I'm not debating that...just like I'm not debating he was being busted up and was on shaky legs...it's plain to see

Marquez ain't scared of Floyd and especially not Manny. Marquez just knows that there ain't no reason for a rematch with Floyd because he had NO success at all. I noticed on boxingscene posters keep talking about these fighters money and how much they can make but who cares at the end of the day. Some people just don't make career decisions based off money alone.
              the reason these rematches won't happen is because there is risk involved...if jmm wasn't about the money he'd be about the legacy...legacywise what would be the best fight that could be made in his promotional situation right now?: timothy bradley

he won't fight bradley...
              Dumbest thing I keep reading on here is "Manny was about to stop Maruqez if it wasn't for the lucky punch". ******ed because how can the punch be lucky when Manny ran right into it? Marquez was setting him up the whole fight. Even dropped him in the 3rd. Delusional posters on here
              I never said it was a lucky punch...I did say jmm was badly hurt before the stoppage and didn't have much left in the tank...compubox illustrates this very well as up to the 5th round pac's connect percentages were going up

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              This is news to me because we all know JMM clearly won fight 3 and we all saw what happened in fight 4. Personally Pac has a case to say he won fights 1 and 2, but neither of those are as definitive as fight 3 and 4.
              jmm was much more accurate in fight 3 than he was in fight 4...if u don't believe pac can stop jmm then u're overrating his win in 4...I think both guys could stop eachother which makes a 5th fight more compelling

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                he just fought manny at 147,what the hell you talking about?
                you really dont get it do you? :WORD:

Comment

Have you not seen the decline in Marquez from Pac-Marquez III to Pac-Marquez IV? Slower hands and slower feet. Floyd would spank him worse this time unless Floyd has completely fallen off since his last fight. Of course Marquez doesn't want to get embarrassed again.

Comment

[QUOTE=PAC-BOY;13010160]Of course he did. LW vs MW. Thats embarrassing ! If anyone looked bad it was Floyd. He was that big weighed that much had that much of an advantage and still couldnt stop a LW! Thats Embarrassing! HE got no credit for that fight.[/QUO

was it embarrassing when duran went from 135 to 147 to fight ray leonard?
                    was it embarrassing when mosley went from 135 to 147 to fight de la hoya?

Comment

Mayweather would screw him with the weight again.

Floyd's Dad and Uncle go around saying Floyd is small and can still make 140 any time Martinez is brought up yet when it comes to meeting 140lbers halfway Mayweather won't budge an inch, instead bringing them all up to a dead 147 division where they're only half as effective.

This is a great fight around 143lbs, but Mayweather doesn't do great fights, just atm withdrawals.
                      Are you ever going to provide a source for this?

Comment

Working...
                      X