No announcement yet.

For cleto reyes owners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For cleto reyes owners

I Just got my cleto reyes, here are some pics, but the thing is they smell nothing like leather, they smell like a coloring or something like crayons or some ****, hard to explain.

Did yours smell like leather, for example grants smell like louie vutton bags.

they are incredibly nice just wondering if they might be unauthentic. and does anyone know how to read the date in the last pic?

[

I liev in mexico. Alberto Reyes the owner is my friend, and i talked to him about this, he says is probably for the plastic bag that covered them...

I have to tell you i have a boxing gym and my oldest gloves are like 3 years old and they still smell like leather, smell very nice, pure leather, like you just bought a new car...

most of my gloves in the gym are for profesional fighting 80z or 10oz. i can see yours are a bit diferent, those are for training but i have to be honest with you cleto are the best of the best.... we also have winning, grant (which are also great), and everlast but Reyes are on a diferent level..

if you have any questions for the owner please let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by parrinkinpau View Post
      I liev in mexico. Alberto Reyes the owner is my friend, and i talked to him about this, he says is probably for the plastic bag that covered them...

I have to tell you i have a boxing gym and my oldest gloves are like 3 years old and they still smell like leather, smell very nice, pure leather, like you just bought a new car...

most of my gloves in the gym are for profesional fighting 80z or 10oz. i can see yours are a bit diferent, those are for training but i have to be honest with you cleto are the best of the best.... we also have winning, grant (which are also great), and everlast but Reyes are on a diferent level..

if you have any questions for the owner please let me know...

wow man that is amazing that you know him, can you tell me what the numbers mean on the glove? It reads 08 GH 5
      Last edited by I3C727; 01-16-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I3C727 View Post
        wow man that is amazing that you know him, can you tell me what the numbers mean on the glove? It reads 08 GH 5

no problem man. i'll ask him on monday...

have a nice weekend

Comment

Originally posted by parrinkinpau View Post
          no problem man. i'll ask him on monday...

have a nice weekend
          Thanks, oh and you were right it was just the plastic it was wrapped in. They smell great now after treating them and using them.

Comment

I'd assume it's down to them being goats leather not cow hide, that's why the leather would feel slightly different too.

Comment

Working...
            X