No announcement yet.

Why is the legal drinking age 21?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the legal drinking age 21?

It makes no sense to me. We as a society have determined that 18 years old is the age of consent. You can buy guns, watch or participate in ****, smoke cigarettes, go to war and kill people but you can't have a beer?

Either we should raise the age to 21 to engage in all of these things or make it 18 for everything.

What do you guys think? In Mexico the drinking age is 18, same in Canada (sometimes 19) and in England.
    21 years old
    30.00%
    18 years old
    40.00%
    older than 21
    15.00%
    I like watching young teen ****
    15.00%
    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 03-13-2013, 08:15 AM.

Id actually like to see it raised to 25 or just banned altogether. Too many ****in idiots can't handle their alcohol.

Or leave at it 21 and give people who drive under the influence and kill people automatic life sentences. And even if they survive give the pieces of **** at least 6 months in jail.

Not many 18 year olds are drinking your average beer. Its the harder stuff they're after. And why do we need every HS senior in America buying alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
      Id actually like to see it raised to 25 or just banned altogether. Too many ****in idiots can't handle their alcohol.

Or leave at it 21 and give people who drive under the influence and kill people automatic life sentences. And even if they survive give the pieces of **** at least 6 months in jail.

Not many 18 year olds are drinking your average beer. Its the harder stuff they're after. And why do we need every HS senior in America buying alcohol.
      So you don't think people should have rights then or live in a free society?

Comment

There's kids in High School at 18. It gives easier access to younger high school kids if one of their classmates can buy it legally.

But on one hand I kind of agree, because I moved into my own place at 19 and thought it sucked that I lived on my own provided for myself but I couldn't have a beer if I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          So you don't think people should have rights then or live in a free society?
          I have no idea what you're talking about. I told you what I think in my post.

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about. I told you what I think in my post.
            Little harsh don't you think? Being so strict for the failures of a minority...

Comment

21 is pretty old. It's 18 here in the UK which I think is about the right age. However a lot of people start drinking and going out much younger than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                21 is pretty old. It's 18 here in the UK which I think is about the right age. However a lot of people start drinking and going out much younger than that.
                Kids do that as well here in the U.S, I doubt there's very many kids that started drinking after the age of 21.

Comment

I think its because the legal age of consent used to be 21 but was lowered to 18 during WWII to allow drafting of more young men. In fact until 1971, the voting age was 21. Then the 21st amendment allowed for states to determine drinking age and many states lowered it to 18. After states began to drop to 18, there seemed to be a rise in traffic deaths in teens from 18-20. Teens would cross borders from 21 states, drink in 18 states and drive home drunk which were long distances at time. The Govt pressured states to conform to 21 limit and all did. I dont think it a federal law.

Think about child support, in NY you pay until the child is 21 while im most its 18

Comment

We already tried banning alcohol and it failed miserably. Ever read about prohibition?

Comment

Working...
                    X