Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the legal drinking age 21?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last thing we need on our roads are LEGAL 18 years old driving around drunk after JUST learning how to drive in the first place.

I dont see how this can possibly be a good idea.

Comment

I remember (barley) when I was in A School, the Naval training center let you drink when you were 18, because they didn't want you to go to go to TJ to get hammered.

I was 17, and getting drunk as hell legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
        Id actually like to see it raised to 25 or just banned altogether. Too many ****in idiots can't handle their alcohol.

Or leave at it 21 and give people who drive under the influence and kill people automatic life sentences. And even if they survive give the pieces of **** at least 6 months in jail.

Not many 18 year olds are drinking your average beer. Its the harder stuff they're after. And why do we need every HS senior in America buying alcohol.
        Banning alcohol would just create a black market for it again.

Comment

There was always some bum chillin out side the liquor store that use to get us liquor when I was in high school (boones farm, mad dog 50/50 and E&J) for a couple bucks

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            i would be happy to keep you guys drunk if that did happen.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Of course thats why I said or raise it 25 or stiffen the penalty for drunk driving accidents that injure or kill people.

You take a life, you get life. Thats more then fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                Of course thats why I said or raise it 25 or stiffen the penalty for drunk driving accidents that injure or kill people.

You take a life, you get life. Thats more then fair.
                an eye for n eye??

Comment

Personally i think its much safer starting drinking legally in pubs and bars around older people (who dont think its cool to get paralytic drunk), rather than the majority of people who start drinking in parks with whatever alcohol they can get their hands on.

In France kids drink all through their teens, but they do it with adults. They have a drinking culture but not a binge drinking culture because of this and so have fewer deaths and other alcohol related problems.

Also to drink driving, you'd be surprised how quickly society turns drunk drivers. Pretty quickly everyone will now of someone hurt or injured by a drunk driver and social pressure will stop people doing it. Whether those who do get hurt is a price you are willing to pay is a different matter. Drink driving over here has fallen massively in the last few decades because of that shift (plus government funded campaigns but i dont want One Capitalist on me again).

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                    an eye for n eye??
                    Naw just life for a life. You take a life you deserve to lose yours. Lock em up.

Comment

No logical answer to that question.

Comment

Working...
                      X