No announcement yet.

Body Mass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Mass

Anyone have any tips on how to build lots of body mass in a few months without having to resort to steroids.

lift weights and eat....

Comment

Any particular routines or food diets? I worked out for 4 years straight and at just 145 pounds I was heavily feared because of my body mass. Now I'm the same weight and all it went to was fat cause I stopped working out for about 8 months now. My routine was just working out doing wahtever I felt like and trying to ulternate routines and muscles daily. I worked out 5 times a week about 30 minutes a day and played lots of basketball.

Comment

Lift heavy weights, heavy as you can do while keeping good form. 6 sets of bench of tri one day, 6 sets of curls and squats then next for 5 days, then rest for 2. Eat alot of protein

Comment

Originally posted by buff_mike10
          Lift heavy weights, heavy as you can do while keeping good form. 6 sets of bench of tri one day, 6 sets of curls and squats then next for 5 days, then rest for 2. Eat alot of protein
          throw punch with gloves on helps

Comment

Program fo max strength. 3times a week.

exercise rep set percentage of your personal max

marklift 4-6 3-4 85-90

bicepcurls 4-6 3-4 85-90

kneebend 3 4 90

benchpress 3 4 90

downpull 4-6 4 90

neckpress 3 4 90

Everything exept the downpull is done with free weights.

This will bulk you upp and encresae your max strenght alot.

Important this program should not be used for people who has trained wtih weight for less than 2 years.
            Its also important to warm abs and back upp before starting.

Enjoy.

Comment

O yeah i forgot to bulk beef is the best.

Comment

Carbs can help, they for sure get you bigger. You can always work it off. And as stated above, lifting weights will get you bigger as it induces muscle hypertrophy. In my experience, lifting sets of 10 - 12 repetitions bulks up more than heavy weights with low reps.

Echo

Comment

If you want to add muscle mass

Then you should give Evander Holyfield's routine a try:

http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html

This is a routine developed for him by Lee Haney (former 8 time Mr Olympia) and professional athletic conditioning coach Fred Hatfeld. I personally used this routine for 6 months, and went from 165 pounds to 190 and it was pretty much all muscle. I know heavyweights at my gym who have tried it and lost a lot of fat and gained lean muscle too.

The only thing is, you don't want to stay on this (or any other routine for that matter) for more than a few months at a time or your body will get used to the exercises. So after about 6 months if not before, you should switch to a different routine or take a few weeks off from working out.

Comment

Do you want to gain size, or stay relatively the same size but gain strength?

For size you want to target specific muscles-- whatever you want to work on that day. You want to make sure that you're actually targeting the muscle, though, and not using all the others to help out because the weight is too much. Probably abou 85% of your max weight is good. If you do 3 sets of 8 reps at whatever weight, then you should be good. (this is what some of the all-natural body builders have suggested, because you really get a concentrated workout on specific muscle groups.) Also, the three keys, according to everyone I've talked to, are squats; deadlifts; and benchpresses.

You want high carbs in your diet for energy during the workout, and lower protein. You don't want your body to be drawing energy from the protein it has built, because then your muscles don't have the proper stuff to repair themselves.

I've been reading a bit about Nitric Oxide. It CAN help, perhaps, to build up muscle, because it CAN open up blood vessels and help to increase bloodflow to the muscles, giving more energy, meaning more reps, which the results of should be obvious.

If you're looking to bodybuild, check out www.abcbodybuilding.com and http://www.allnaturalbodybuilding.com/ I haven't read anything at the second link, but it could be good.

Comment

Working...
                    X