Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury's Still a Star, But He's Not The Heavyweight Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    Don't think there was a prob with scoring, I had it a draw and some writers like D Rafiel and B Campball had him winning. To answer your question if Fury beats Wilder would I consider him the REAL champ? YES no doubt about it. AJ has lost and Ruiz has yet to beat any top 15 guy outside AJ so they are the CLEAR top 2(in whatever order you like). So hopefully about March I would guess because Feb too soon if Wilder is not fighting until late Nov and now Fury's cut we will have a REAL champ. Hopefully after a possible rematch the winner will fight the new #1 contender the Ruiz v AJ winner.
    I meant the Rochin card in particular, which was clearly corrupt. People who say that Wilder won against Fury are in the extreme minority, and are simply wrong in my opinion. In the case of Hopkins, I think he's a shill. In the case of Foreman, again this is a man who is adept at keeping his name known. You have to give Wilder 5 rounds for the draw, and this is already pushing it. As for Fat Dan, he can kick rocks.

My guess is that if Fury beats Wilder in the rematch, there will be some who will continue to dispute his lineal status

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      So by your logic champions are for life and they can come back matched with cabbies and remain the real lineal champion. Lennox can come back and be a co-champion with Fury and fight Erick Berk or Bobby Leach and be the champion. If there are no rules maybe they can wear armor and fight lions.
      Dude, can you read?

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      Horrible article.

Boxing is not the NFL.

Matter of fact, boxing is not like any other sport.

There aren't 4 different people claiming to be the NFL Champions all at once.

It's simple, you are the lineal champion until someone beats you or replaces you after retirement.

You can't just simply "lose" the lineal championship because you don't win it in the first place.

It's a ceremonial title that is given to the "man that beats the man".

No amount of time out of the ring strips you of that.

No suspension strips you of it.

The only way you could argue Fury's not the lineal champion would be if Wilder & Joshua had fought in the time that Fury was "retired", then you can say the no. 1 & 2 contenders fought while the lineal champion was retired.

That didn't happen.
      Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      BTW, if the picture in your posts is your wife you are my idol and I agree with your top 10.
      Naw

That's Rose Bertram from Sports Illustrated

Comment

Fat Fury is not a champion because he was cheating using steroids and that's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
          I meant the Rochin card in particular, which was clearly corrupt. People who say that Wilder won against Fury are in the extreme minority, and are simply wrong in my opinion. In the case of Hopkins, I think he's a shill. In the case of Foreman, again this is a man who is adept at keeping his name known. You have to give Wilder 5 rounds for the draw, and this is already pushing it. As for Fat Dan, he can kick rocks.

My guess is that if Fury beats Wilder in the rematch, there will be some who will continue to dispute his lineal status
          Well if they do dispute Fury's claim if he beats Wilder then they are fanboys and not fans. The winner will clearly be the CHAMP no doubt about it. As far as Rochin's card I forget what he had, but if it was by more then a point or two then he was CLEARLY off. I agree the people that had Wilder winning or even like me who had it a draw are in the minority, but that don't ness mean they are wrong. Most people don't REALLY score(I do by habit)and most people are sheep(its just true)and are influenced by the commentators and the "unofficial" scorer. I can always tell how a fight will be reported by the fans just by how its called. I will say this Fury had more rds that were clear(not many though) then Wilder kinda like Ward vs Kov 1 where Ward won a lot of his rds by a punch or two they were that close. I was also in the minority in that one too.

Comment

Working...
          X