No announcement yet.

Soft Pretzel and a Protein Shake = weight management

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Pretzel and a Protein Shake = weight management

Right now I am just trying to maintain my natural muscle mass while i train and lose about 3% of unwanted body fat. Im getting ready to start fighting in about 8 months, and I plan to fight at 152. Im walking around at about 163 right now (6'0''), but Im about 11% body fat and id like to get down to around 9%. So, when training and you need some carbs, but not too much - ive found a soft pretzel and a syntha 6 protein shake (DELICIOUS, btw) are perfect for meal replacement. about 450 calories, 45 grams of carbs, about 35-40 grams of protein, and only 6 grams of fat (about 8 grams if u use 1% milk for protein shake). only TWO GRAMS of "simple carbs" aka sugars.

what about salt content? i try to stay away from salt.

Comment

i just use a little bit of salt - not too much. maybe if it was during training camp 2-3 months out from a fight and i was over 13-15 pounds. but while just trying to maintain 157-161 without losing muscle mass (and training 3-5 days a week pretty hard for 1-2 hours), ive found that i can have some sodium and spices - it's just sugars that will add on body fat in no time.

Comment

Working...
      X