No announcement yet.

"Conor would kill Floyd in a street fight."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    boxing just begs for a takedown, man. you set up way too close to react to a single leg takedown. or to check a kick to your legs. MMA guys are probably 2X the distance apart at all times on average when tey stand up. maybe even more.
    Yeah, yet fists are the most lethal weapons IMO .

You can stop a guy in 0.01 seconds with a quick right hand.

Imagine in the octagon a guy like a prime L Lewis or Iron M with 4 onces gloves, that sht would be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Yeah, yet fists are the most lethal weapons IMO .

You can stop a guy in 0.01 seconds with a quick right hand.

Imagine in the octagon a guy like a prime L Lewis or Iron M with 4 onces gloves, that sht would be crazy.

lennox would be 6' or so away from where he'd get taken down, his ankles.

the most lethal weapons in combat sports are the knees, shins, and elbows. they're just much more difficult to use than your hands becaue they ahve to travel further or you need to be very close, and also in MMA the rules limit how and when you can use them.

tyson and lewis would never be able to throw bombs liek they did with a 10 OZ boxing glove and all that guaze and tape. they'd break their hands immediately. i think they'd hit hardest with a 6 or 8 oz bloxing glove with horse ahir, and a pro wrap, but i can't sat ythat for sure.

elbows and knees never break on contact with another body, literally never seen it happen and it's basically impossible. just biology. shins break incredibly rarely and it's usually only something you see when one guy is in a higher class and has trained for additional years.

and again, ever wondered why there are rules limiting the way you can use your elbows, knees, and shins, and basically nothing on how you can use your fists? telling, maybe the most telling. punching a dude in the head when he's down is sporting. kicking him in the head when he's down will get him killed. something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        He didn't even get choked out on Saturday. He could breath fine he just quit.

Dudes a quitter. A despicable human being on top of that too I might add.
        To be fair to Conor, it was a neck crank. It's even worse. Khabib could break his neck if McGregor didn't tap

He was in no rush to let him go even after tap either

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          As a Muslim, I found nothing that Conor said or done particularly offensive to Islam. Yes, he handed Khabib a drink fully knowing he was Muslim and called him backward, but people are acting like Conor was insulting the prophet (PBUH) or the Koran. He was being Conor. It wasn't his fault that Dana White didn't do anything after he attacked Khabib's bus, but that was in response to a prior confrontation between Khabib and Conor's sparring partner.

Conor's trash talking probably went too far, but he generated enough attention to make it Khabib's most lucrative fight. Khabib pretending like he's defending Islam is silly. He's not liberating Gaza or fighting the Romans. He's fighting in a sport that is a business first and foremost. People say he showed he was a "true gangster" in there. No, he came off as dense, naive, petty and mentally weak. Conor would have actually looked worse if he'd just shook his hand and buried the past. What an incredibly stupid person.
          What an incredible post! You said it so much better than I could especially as a Muslim, it means so much more.

Every individual who comes to any country makes a social contract. It works both ways: If for example I went to one of the small countries in the Russian Border area and declared "I have some critiscisms about your leader I want to share" and when told they would arrest me if I did I replied "hey Im an American I can say what I want you cannot insult my freedom" how far would this get me? Whether someone is Muslim, a Jewish Settler, a Buddhist, everyone agrees to give their word that they will abide by the conventions that allow one to live as an American when part of this country.

To me Khabib violated this: He has to understand that as an American he has to accept that people can talk about anything they want here and there are ways of dealing with it. There is a time and place for everything: Conner and Khabib frankly are pathetic in how little they seem to understand this! The bus incident shows a little boy trying to act like an OG, and doing something amazingly stupid. Not to be outdone, Khabib did something just as stupid.

The truth is when Khabib submitted Conner, God had given him revenge, and all he had to do was smile and look down on a very beaten looking Conner McGregor, and walk away. Instead he gave this other idiot another life, creating havoc. And when his brother, whatever went over the fence, McGregor had every reason to hit him thinking he was entering the fray. At that point you have to protect your group, thats also part of the code...In other words if I see you about to go after one of my boys I have to check you... As much as I hate McGregor I have to abide by him on this action.

If Khabib had wanted to check McGregor further, he should have caught him outside. mcGregor drinks, catch him at the local tavern, ask him to step outside.

Thats my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            To be fair to Conor, it was a neck crank. It's even worse. Khabib could break his neck if McGregor didn't tap

He was in no rush to let him go even after tap either
            Very true. That technique is more characteristic of the old Ju Jutsu, I think Khabib stumbled on it lol. To do it right you have to wrap really flush and the pressure goes into the jaw hinge, It can break the neck and even dislocate the jaw. Its not a choke and in the old systems most of the chokes were a follow up to a neck crank, or break.

Comment

I don't get why the guy had to jump the fence and attack some of mcgregors groopies, he had just beaten the guy, was taunting him during the fight and held on to his hold after the tap then loses the head completely, both guys are as bad as each other imo

BUT mcgreggor is selling the fight, thats how he generates interest and gets his pay up, are these guys so OVER SENSITIVE they cant even deal with that????

I think the fence jumper and his crew need to visit the shrink, thats just not on at all, no excuse for that, its petty and its stupid, his groopies should also be banned from further shows

Comment

as for the fight, i think mcgregor is finished, he was slow and uncoordinated, it was a terrible performance from him, he wasnt even light on his feet like u would need to be to try to stop the takedowns, i mean round1 was just the guy sitting on him after and easy takedown. Personally i think mcnuggat should have taken a few warmup fights before facing a grappler like that, it was a silly decision to go right for the belt, probably fueled by ego

Comment

The shoulder roll stance just beg for a take down.

You go to Floyd ankles then murder him on the flour.

Foyd could be quickly beat by a JJB purple belt to be honest unless he has been training properly grappling.
                  Go to Floyd's ankles then murder him on the floor I presume after you have beaten his security.

What you on about - Your man Mcgregor is rubbish full of ****, lost every high profile fight - The man is a hype job simple.

Comment

Clearly the naysayers do not realise that Mayweathers short sharp accurate light punch counters McGregors fancy Tiger Uppercut.

Comment

Those are weak people/kids/women skills for a reason, put hands on a legit JJB black belt or a legit wrestler and see what happens.

You will end in a guillotine "seconds chrono" and won't be able to bite anything, you will use your arms to survive and breath a little more cuz you will feel like you're dying in here, if you try to reach for his balls, he will just roll and finish you in your back.

You don't grapple with a legit grappler, you just get submitted in 3 seconds, better pray to get a "testicle" quick.
                      Yes, I believe you. I see these guys in the gym and they are very serious and committed, at all levels. In a street fight this style is VERY effective, much more so than any striking style which involves timing and a very high risk of missing completely, damaging your hands or ending up in some kind of position that gives the other guy an advantage.

That's the reason i have a Carry permit, to control distance if I am confronted etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X