No announcement yet.

Weight Loss Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Loss Question

Hey guys hows it going, im pretty new to boxing, im 19, 5-7 185 , i just started training and was told they want me to get down to 140 before i can fight, can someone give me a realistic time frame this can be achieved in? i have a workout room in my complex that has bikes and tredmills and a few machine weights, if i hitup this place everyday how fast could i drop this weight and what machines should i use. thanks
    Last edited by K1Joe; 04-04-2005, 11:01 PM.

damn thats 45 pounds id say you can lose 5 pounds a day maybe more if you GO AT IT HARD but not 9 days a month or two is managable

im 6'1 190 what do you think i would have to get at to box?

Comment

Why not a different weight class?
      I wouldn't think it would be healthy to lose that much in any amount of time.

Comment

yeah you will def. have a lot of excess skin

Comment

Originally posted by akins12732
          damn thats 45 pounds id say you can lose 5 pounds a day maybe more if you GO AT IT HARD but not 9 days a month or two is managable

im 6'1 190 what do you think i would have to get at to box?

you could fight right now, i have to lose the weight because right now if i got in the ring i would be fighting Cruiserweights haha he wants me to get down to Welterweight size, 186 is just too damn heavy for a 5-7 guy

Comment

K1Joe what division do you think i should fight in im 6' 190...?

Comment

Dude 45 lbs is going to take a while. I recommend just forgetting about fighting until you drop some. If you can drop 45 lbs in two months I would be amazed. Just work hard and in time it will come off. Working out hard will increase your metabolisim and the weight will come off easier later down the road.........Rockin'

Comment

rockin....what division do you think i should fight in im 6' 190...?

Comment

how often are you working out right now, times and hours per week?................Rockin'

Comment

i am in high school i have a class i lift for a good hour a day then i get home run 2 miles a few sprints and some serious abwork that just started like 3 weeks ago the working out has been going on for 2 years now just the running and abwork are new

Comment

Working...
                    X