No announcement yet.

BJ PENN training with master Floyd mayweather sr in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] BJ PENN training with master Floyd mayweather sr in Vegas

BJ Penn is one of the few guys who uses real boxing technique quite effectively, so I'm sure he could benefit from training with top boxing trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      BJ Penn is one of the few guys who uses real boxing technique quite effectively, so I'm sure he could benefit from training with top boxing trainers.
      Against guys who have **** striking.

What BJ needs is how to stuff takedowns and learn Muay Thai. Realistically, it's too late, he is what he is, a great BJJ guy with good timing and good pop wtih his hands. Against the great wrestlers he's always getting dominated on the ground, I aint' seen him submit anyone relevant when he's on his back

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post

What BJ needs is how to stuff takedowns and learn Muay Thai. Realistically, it's too late, he is what he is, a great BJJ guy with good timing and good pop wtih his hands. Against the great wrestlers he's always getting dominated on the ground, I aint' seen him submit anyone relevant when he's on his back
        Way to entirely miss the point.

Penn actually uses boxing technique. Therefore, he can benefit from training with a boxing technician.

And I fucking hate the Mayweathers for what I consider as them having tarnished boxing recently. That said, I wouldn't think Chris Leben would benefit a whole lot from training with Floyd Sr., whereas Penn could.

Do me a favor, don't quote me anymore.

Comment

There aren't many people who have scored submission wins off their back against top grapplers.

Hughes and Sherk are top wrestlers who Penn defeated. The only guy who 'dominated on the ground' against Penn was GSP in the rematch. So...once out of 24 fights. Hardly qualifies as 'always'.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            Way to entirely miss the point.

Penn actually uses boxing technique. Therefore, he can benefit from training with a boxing technician.

And I fucking hate the Mayweathers for what I consider as them having tarnished boxing recently. That said, I wouldn't think Chris Leben would benefit a whole lot from training with Floyd Sr., whereas Penn could.

Do me a favor, don't quote me anymore.
            What boxing technique does Penn do that is so f**kin' great ? The guy is uber talented, he has a knack for timing and distance(Those two are not technique, it's an innate ability that he has)

There's nothing wrong with seeking the best coaches. But, if you look at his losses, especially his recent losses, it's not the boxing that's making him lose. It's almost like watching replay when you watch Penn fight. The gamplan is simple, It's put him up against the cage and take him down, rinse and repeat. Now, don't get me wrong it's easier said than done.

Personally, he'd be much better off hiring a guy who can find a way to keep his back off the cage and getting taken down. His boxing is already solid as is(compared to alot of MMAers), he needs to worry about takedowns, and not worry about looking cute doing the shoulder roll, lmao

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            There aren't many people who have scored submission wins off their back against top grapplers.

Hughes and Sherk are top wrestlers who Penn defeated. The only guy who 'dominated on the ground' against Penn was GSP in the rematch. So...once out of 24 fights. Hardly qualifies as 'always'.
            I was being a bit harsh, but, Hughes dominated Penn in their second meeting.

Comment

I was being a bit harsh, but, Hughes dominated Penn in their second meeting.
              When he almost got triangled? Penn did end up getting crucifixed, but that was after he gassed.

I do agree that Penn should focus more on defensive wrestling and mixing it up more, because it's pretty predictable that he wants to dictate the fight with his boxing. He doesn't mix in takedowns that often.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeFocus View Post
                When he almost got triangled? Penn did end up getting crucifixed, but that was after he gassed.

I do agree that Penn should focus more on defensive wrestling and mixing it up more, because it's pretty predictable that he wants to dictate the fight with his boxing. He doesn't mix in takedowns that often.
                Geez, i wonder what caused him to gas.

Comment

Theres a good vibe there. Penns boxing has always been very good for MMA style.

Comment

I think it pretty obvious after the fight last night that Penn just used the training with mayweather snr as a ploy to throw Fitch off his game plan ...Fitch was lead to believe that Penn was gonna stand more and him training with mayweather compacted this some what ....

Comment

Working...
                    X