No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley Warns: Crawford Can Win, But Pacquiao is NO Postol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Obviously Manny brings more to the table then Postol. If they fight, I just hope that all the people that are picking Manny to demolish TC give TC complete credit if he wins.

Experience tells me they will not.
    same goes for manny if he wins. experience tells me opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
      Maybe Freddie is saying this so they make the fight. To build interest in the fight. He has done this for years. It was Crawford's handler's who said no to Arum and Manny before the 3rd Bradley fight. Manny chose Crawford. Did you know this???? Anyway, Freddie also said that Cotto and Postol was his favorite students. Do you believe him? LoL. Manny is and still remains his most accomplished pupil because he's "special". FACTS. Freddie needs to learn how to STFU sometimes. Smh. But I see what he is doing. He is luring interest in the fight. Don't listen to him. Manny CAN and most likely beats Crawford UNLESS he gets old over night, which is possible. But based on what he did in April, against the 3rd best welterweight, Crawford loses.
      Interesting points about Freddie. I mean, when does he EVER not say his guy will KO his opponent? This could well be a lure, though I believe Manny should stay retired. He's got nothing to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
        Maybe Freddie is saying this so they make the fight. To build interest in the fight. He has done this for years. It was Crawford's handler's who said no to Arum and Manny before the 3rd Bradley fight. Manny chose Crawford. Did you know this???? Anyway, Freddie also said that Cotto and Postol was his favorite students. Do you believe him? LoL. Manny is and still remains his most accomplished pupil because he's "special". FACTS. Freddie needs to learn how to STFU sometimes. Smh. But I see what he is doing. He is luring interest in the fight. Don't listen to him. Manny CAN and most likely beats Crawford UNLESS he gets old over night, which is possible. But based on what he did in April, against the 3rd best welterweight, Crawford loses.
        Freddie is becoming more of a promoter than a trainer. I do agree with that! I did NOT know that Crawford turned down a fight with Pacquiao! I need a link for that info! I still believe Freddie (or Koncz) is a little worried about Crawford. Either way, Freddie is NOT looking good lately! Pacquiao lost to Floyd, Cotto lost to Canelo, and now Postol loses to Crawford! 3 big fights and 3 losses! I don't think he wants to take another "L"

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
          Most of you seem to have amnesia about Manny Pacquaio's body of work either because you hate him or you are a Floyd fan and have drank that Floyd kool aid for too long. This is off topic, but let me throw this in there, historically and pound for pound all time, Manny will rank ahead of Floyd for a host of reasons that I don't even want to go into. If you know boxing, you would already know some of those reasons.

Now back to the topic at hand, I happen to be a Bud Crawford fan, I like him a lot and he seem to have the goods and he would seem to have the tools to beat anyone right now at 140 maybe even welterweight. The operative word there is "seem". I like his progression and I think he should continue down that path. Manny Pacquaio even at this point may just be a step too soon for him. Manny is no Postol, Lundy, Gamboa or Dulormme. Tim Bradley happens to be very close to Crawford but if you closely read into his comments about that fight, he is indirectly saying that Bud is not ready for Pac at this stage especially if the Pac that fought him showed up.

Though am Bud fan, I happen to feel the exact same way. Directly from Bud's mouth, "My toughest fight to date was against Gamboa." Manny is only a much better version of Gamboa with much speed, power, footwork, experience and whatever else you want to throw in there and oh he happens to, however you look at it, be the best 1 or 2 fighter of his era. His speed and his herky, jerky rhythm and in and out movement will befuddle will befuddle Bud a lot. On the other hand, I agree Bud might try to time him, but Manny would be coming in more cautiously with full arsenal and not a pawing jab and when Bud is unable to time him, Bud will get emboldened and do what he does which is try to trade and boy oh boy, that would be the wrong move. let's not forget he fights a bit more cautiously than before.

Now am prefacing all of this assuming the Pac that fought Bradley last time shows up 'cos that was the best he has looked in a long time and he was exceptional in that fight. Good fight either way, but I see Manny winning a clear unanimous decision unless he got old overnight.
          You can't be ranked ahead of Floyd for beating Oscar @ 147, when Floyd already beat him @ 154. You can't be ranked ahead of Floyd for beating Mosely, when Floyd had already beaten him. You can't be ranked ahead of Floyd for beating Cotto at a CW. You can't be ranked ahead of Floyd when Marquez took your head off. You can't be ranked ahead of the guy that beat you, and he's still undefeated! Manny is great, but Floyd is better, and even Freddie Roach knows that!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
            Good analysis by Bradley but I do not expect Pacquiao to get in the ring with Crawford. Crawford's abilities are far too great a threat to Pacquiao's defensive liabilities.
            Bwahahaha! Pac is an ATG. You are suggesting that 9 guys can go the distance with Crawford but Manny can't! I LOL @ that notion. You're letting the Manny who fought hurt and lost against Floyd fool you.

The funny thing is that it has also been proven that Manny out landed Floyd in the fight even if he clearly lost. Imagine what a 100% Pacquiao would have done.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Obviously Manny brings more to the table then Postol. If they fight, I just hope that all the people that are picking Manny to demolish TC give TC complete credit if he wins.

Experience tells me they will not.
              Why do you care about that? What about caring about the people picking TC to beat Manny? Do you care that they give Manny credit if he wins?

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                Why do you care about that? What about caring about the people picking TC to beat Manny? Do you care that they give Manny credit if he wins?
                its only a one way street for him. he doesnt think that far.

the funny thing is the people picking pac to win is not saying crazy shit like pac is gonna ko crawford, where as the people picking crawford to win is actually saying crawford will stop manny! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Who is Bradley fighting (or who does he want to fight) next? I really thought that Bradley would have called out Cotto by now! If Cotto was going to fight Marquez @ 150, why not Bradley @ 150?
                  Told him to put a bug in Arum's ear about Garcia or Thurman..... We'll see.

Comment

You gotta hand it the Bradley...he's a great interview. I wish more boxers called him out.

Comment

[QUOTE=whirlout;16901826]I guess we are just going to agree to disagree buddy. I said historical pound for pound not just pound for pound in the 80's, 90's, 2000 or whatever. Again like I said I can lay out all the criteria for it but this just isn't the time and place.

I'm curious as to what your criteria is to rank Manny above Floyd in the historical P4P list. Is it based off resumes? Performance in similar weight classes? Performance vs similar opponents? I could respect your opinion on it but you aren't providing any facts or details on this. You say this isn't the time or place and guess that's based off the massive amounts of word that have been typed throughout the years on this very topic. But please feel free to elaborate further. I'm all for friendly debate and agreeing to disagree if it comes to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X