Starting Boxing Next Month - Any Advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Boxing Next Month - Any Advice

Straight to the point:

I'm starting boxing lessons next month. Never had any boxing training, only Martial arts (for 5 yrs).

- What type of training is usually given during the 1st / 2nd month?

- Any recommendations on what I should focus on?

- How many lessons do you recommend I take each week?

Any advice is appreciated.

Wise post. We can learn alot from this guy.

Comment

U should have a pretty good idea if u have 5 years martial arts experience. u will prob just start off doing circuit training/skippin/basic footwork for a few weeks. Just listen to your coach.

Comment

u should start running and building up ur stamina cause ur coach is gonna try and test u.

Comment

Indeed. If you go into a boxing gym already in decent shape and are able to perform whatever your coach tells you, it will make a very good impression.

Comment

Originally posted by Basim View Post
            Straight to the point:

I'm starting boxing lessons next month. Never had any boxing training, only Martial arts (for 5 yrs).

- What type of training is usually given during the 1st / 2nd month?

- Any recommendations on what I should focus on?

- How many lessons do you recommend I take each week?

Any advice is appreciated.

Wear wrist supports when banging the heavy bag or you might twist your wrist if your hitting hard and it hurts for weeks.

Done it a couple of times leaves you one handed and stuck doing fuking borin ass cardio for a wk.

O and keep your hands up and prepare for a busted nose first spar session.

Comment

with 5 years of martial arts you should be fine unless this was taekwondo, then you for sure will get your face smacked

keep the hands up

Comment

Working...
              X