Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to become the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to become the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion.

'm Mexican American. I barely turned 16 last May, I'm about 6'1 and about 130 pounds, long skinny arms (longer then my 6'3 friend) I have an extremely fast metabolism therefor I eat a lot but I never seem to gain weight, its very difficult for me. I'm planning on being 6'3 and weighing 215-218 pounds (similar to Evander and Muhammad Ali).

What does it take to be the the champion of champions? What kind of training should I do? What is a good idea for me to gain weight? I have the biggest desire to become the undisputed heavyweight champion and revive the heavyweight division's former glory, I'm not doing this for money, I'm doing this for the love of the sport and the glory. I want to be the first fighter to defeat both the Klitschko brothers. I'm not going to let anyone deter me, this is my plan, my goal, my dream.

that is an awesome goal friend! have you been boxing long enough?

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
      that is an awesome goal friend! have you been boxing long enough?
      I'm about to start boxing training this month, all the people I trust the most believe I have what it takes, and for the things I lack, I will improve.

Comment

awesome,with that dedication you can do it! but don't take the road to becoming a champion lightly, i mean if it was easy then everyone would be the freaking world champion lol

but thats a huge dream man. make sure you don't rush, take it slow youre still young and accomplish your amateur career and train hard man. my coach said he trained for 4hours everyday when he was training for pro; but thats like back in the 70~80's. i think 1~3 hrs is good enough. make sure you listen to the coach as well!

Comment

Set small goals and accomplish them. Sure you can dream big but I would like to do something with boxing and so my first goal is to win the ny golden gloves and from then on, see where it takes me. I can't overlook my first tasks at hand. Good luck and happy training.

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
            awesome,with that dedication you can do it! but don't take the road to becoming a champion lightly, i mean if it was easy then everyone would be the freaking world champion lol

but thats a huge dream man. make sure you don't rush, take it slow youre still young and accomplish your amateur career and train hard man. my coach said he trained for 4hours everyday when he was training for pro; but thats like back in the 70~80's. i think 1~3 hrs is good enough. make sure you listen to the coach as well!
            In order to become a champion you need to believe in yourself when no one else will. You can accomplish almost anything in life if you put your mind to that one thing, but the majority of people cannot do that. Nothing in life is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeradon84 View Post
              Set small goals and accomplish them. Sure you can dream big but I would like to do something with boxing and so my first goal is to win the ny golden gloves and from then on, see where it takes me. I can't overlook my first tasks at hand. Good luck and happy training.
              I'm planning on heading to either the Pan American games, World Amateur Games, or even the Olympic Games once I know I can do it. My first goal is to win the Golden Gloves as well. Though, I first must learn how ill be able to gain 80 pounds by the time i'm 20-23 with fast metabolism, as eating a lot never seems to help me gain weight.

Comment

I would say go to a bodybuilding forum and look or post a thread asking for that info. Sure bodybuilding is not boxing but bodybuilders are definitely knowledgeavle when it comes to diets and manipulaying body weights and stuff. obviously the knowledgable guys not just anyone.

Comment

You want to defeat both Klitschko brothers huh? By the time your ready they will be 45-50 years old.

Seriously though you sound motivated, but why not just become a big threat in lower weight classes. You only weigh 130 at the moment and you have a crazy reach and height advantage at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh Chosen One View Post
                    In order to become a champion you need to believe in yourself when no one else will. You can accomplish almost anything in life if you put your mind to that one thing, but the majority of people cannot do that. Nothing in life is easy.
                    well see about that. untill then start training after a few months see if you really like it you may like boxing now but boxing will never like you

Comment

Working...
                    X