Collapse
No announcement yet.

H2H 167 Fitz greater then any 160-175?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2H 167 Fitz greater then any 160-175?

ok sooooo ive allready made a similar thread like this a while ago but ive changed it up alittle

167 Fitzsimmons VS super middle or light heavies

personally fitz is one of my favorite boxers ever.....so of course i see him winning just about any match P4P but im wonder the general concensious of how fitz would do against other greats at similar weights.

vrs corbett and the first jeffreis match fitz was 167ish so thats the fitz thats fighting in this match up.

who do you think fitz beats who do you think beats fitz?....but mainly who do you think beats fitz?

walker, tunney, greb, langford, conn, spinks, charles, loughran, maxim, hearns, even robinson though above 160 was definatly not his prime and any one else you can think of that fought at and was good at 160-175.

How do they fair against fitz?

would fitz be able to handel the 174 lb conn that went 13 rounds with louis?

or how about the langford that knocked Fireman Jim Flynn into a diffrent state of mind?

the tunney who took out greb, loughran, levinsky, and carpentier

or the 173-175 lb charles that handeled ray, marshal, moore, and bivins?

and of course fitz would be fighting under the rules of the opponet hes fighting.
    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 04-19-2011, 02:52 AM.

Fitzsimmons was a very tough SOB. No-one at MW would ever KO him that's a fact.

He was quite an aggressive fighter but, was very crafty in the ring despite some physical disadvantages.

As Sonny said I would take. Tunney to beat him. I think he would lose a comfortable decision to Langford. I think Charles would also decison him.

I think Conn would be winning an easy decision then Ruby would eventually catch him with a "Solar Plexus Punch" that would end proceedings.

The more modern fighters mentioned such as Hearns would win decisions over 12 rounds but, in Fitz day he(Bob) would use his uncanny ring skills and wrestling etc to wear them down and eventually get the KO.

Another feat of Fitz is his incredible conditioning I don't have a source for this but, I've heard in training camp he would regularly run marathons?

In 15 Round fight Fitzsimmons has a chance against anybody. When you get into 20's/Unlimited Fitz' chances of winning are HUGE except against a few select fighters such as Hagler etc who I think could fair well in long distance fights with rough tactics and wrestling etc.

Comment

Put it this way, as stated in the posts in this thead already; Fitzsimmons has a chance against anyone in history at the weights he fought at. Atleast, IMO.

Fitzsimmons is quite possibly the hardest puncher in the history of boxing. Would I lean on some fighters to beat him? Certainly. But does he has a legit chance Vs ANYONE at a weight he fought at? I honestly believe so.

Fitzsimmons is a top 5 MW IMO and I struggle to see how it couldn't be seen that way but many disagree with that statement.

He really is underrated in that sense, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Put it this way, as stated in the posts in this thead already; Fitzsimmons has a chance against anyone in history at the weights he fought at. Atleast, IMO.

Fitzsimmons is quite possibly the hardest puncher in the history of boxing. Would I lean on some fighters to beat him? Certainly. But does he has a legit chance Vs ANYONE at a weight he fought at? I honestly believe so.

Fitzsimmons is a top 5 MW IMO and I struggle to see how it couldn't be seen that way but many disagree with that statement.

He really is underrated in that sense, IMO.
        He does have an incredible resume.

Fitzsimmons is too Tough, Durable and Hits way too hard to be ruled out against anyone.

Comment

I would take a prime Fitzsimmons over any version of Gene Tunney. Corbett was the true first scientific boxer, and Fitz easily handled him blasting a hole in his chest.

Fitzsimmons has never lost a decision, and the only way to really beat him is with brute force. A good 220 lb heavyweight could get the job done but I doubt anyone below that threshold would have a shot including Tunney.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
            I would take a prime Fitzsimmons over any version of Gene Tunney. Corbett was the true first scientific boxer, and Fitz easily handled him blasting a hole in his chest.

Fitzsimmons has never lost a decision, and the only way to really beat him is with brute force. A good 220 lb heavyweight could get the job done but I doubt anyone below that threshold would have a shot including Tunney.
            Against Corbett Fitz was 17Ibs heavier.

Comment

H2h is all completely opinionated plus Fitz fought under a different set of rules to what modern boxers do /did, can't really say he would beat say Michael Spinks and you can't say Spinks would beat Fitz because it was a much different sport back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Against Corbett Fitz was 17Ibs heavier.

Fitzsimmons was 167 lbs

Corbett was 184 lbs

Comment

I personally have Fitzsimmons #2 all-time at Middleweight and I think it's an even money fight between him and Langford who I have at #3. The only fighter at Middleweight I'd favor over Fitzsimmons was Ray Robinson circa the LaMotta fights. At Light-Heavy it's a bit more difficult to gauge since the division was new at the time Fitz won that belt (hence hadn't attracted any talent yet) and Fitz was noticably past it then as well. That's balance somewhat by Fitz snagging the Heavyweight title off a legitimate elite fighter.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post

Fitzsimmons was 167 lbs

Corbett was 184 lbs
                    Sorry my mistake

Comment

Working...
                    X