No announcement yet.

****ty chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****ty chin?

When you get dizzy after getting hit on the chin does that mean its china?

Originally posted by podxvost View Post
    When you get dizzy after getting hit on the chin does that mean its china?
    did you see the shot coming? If you didnt see it at all then its probably normal... How did ur legs hold up? did they buckle? If they didn't buckle but u just went a little dizzy u were far from being knocked out IMO. Most shots that hurt are the ones that u dont see coming. I don't know too too much about it cause i've only been hurt once by my 240 pound trainer but thankfully i only went dizzy for a sec and my legs were sturdy. He cought me with a massive overhand right on the cheekbone that i didn't see coming.

Comment

Yea, I got caught by a good one by our heavy weight pro fighter at the gym. I slipped his straight and he followed up with a hook, text book, I didn't cover up properly and ended up leaving the gym with a shiner after that. Didn't knock me down though, legs were sturdy just hurt like hell! Kinda cliche but its true, the punches that hurt the most are the ones you don't see coming.

Comment

Lol I Got Caught Yesterday..

It Was More At The Top Of My Head Though... But It Was Hard Enough To Daze Me.

Comment

The first time when i got clipped on the chin by a left hook i became dizzy and my legs felt kinda weak for couple seconds. I didnt see the shot coming and didnt know what to expect. Other times my legs felt fine, i just got cowwebbs, but they went away in couple seconds. This also might be due to that sometimes i forget to bitedown on my mouthpeice.

Comment

Any punch you don't see coming can leave you pretty dazed. It can even throw you into shock momentarily.

As for literal chin strength: I've read doctors' reports stating that a straight punch to the chin is the most common cause of concussion and KO in amateur boxing, as it drives the lower hinge of the jaw against the base of the skull. Not much you can do about that punch except get a one-piece upper & lower mouthguard and bite down on it like a pitbull on a pantleg for the whole round.

To better weather blows to the head, strengthen your neck, work on your balance, and stay relaxed. A punch should travel through you, down your body, into the canvas.

Comment

may not be the same but in uni we had a little rumble with the first years/ freshmen. one massive oaf hit me with an overhand to the side of the ****in neck caught my completely off guard as he came from the side now i gota banging pain in my neck the plus point is i immediately grabbed the oath and laid into him with a nice combination to the body i didnt see him fightin again after this

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
                Any punch you don't see coming can leave you pretty dazed. It can even throw you into shock momentarily.

As for literal chin strength: I've read doctors' reports stating that a straight punch to the chin is the most common cause of concussion and KO in amateur boxing, as it drives the lower hinge of the jaw against the base of the skull. Not much you can do about that punch except get a one-piece upper & lower mouthguard and bite down on it like a pitbull on a pantleg for the whole round.

To better weather blows to the head, strengthen your neck, work on your balance, and stay relaxed. A punch should travel through you, down your body, into the canvas.
                agreed, get a lopro mouthguard (ringside, or even grant sells them now), I used to get caught with alot of right hands and left hooks by this amateur I used to move around with and was using a single and would always get really shook whenever i'd get caught. The lopro stabalizes the lower jaw and protects the stem of the brain so you dont feel as dazed when you get caught. The only problem with the lopro is its size, its pretty big and eve though its got a slit to breathe through its still pretty tough when your gasting for air, espically in the summer with headgear strapped to your head and gloves and wraps on your hands and you need air lol. But if you dont want something like that to happen again my advice is to get a lopro, there are a few to choose from so.

Comment

ur chin is fine china maybe a chandierler put ur chin down lol

Comment

Working...
                  X