What do you look for in a boxing gym?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you look for in a boxing gym?

Hi.

I found a fitness gym that has boxing classes in it, but I think it might be more for people that want to lose weight and stay fit (diet boxing).

What do you look for in a boxing gym?

Daniel Kemp

active amateur or pro boxers for good sparring

Comment

Well, it sounds like you're a novice. So, if I were you.

The first thing I look at when visiting a gym is how many trophies does your gym have(not including what the trainers accomplished when they were fighting)

If they have a good amount of amateur or pro fighters who are consistently placing at tournaments, be it local, regional, national, etc.. That tells you that they have a very successful program.

Their methods of teaching are legit. Any coach with a mouth can give out this technique and that technique, but few can put it together and make it work.

A successful gym means, they care about harnessing their fighters skills.

Appearance of a gym, i don't put a high premium on. There are gyms that are located in low to middle class communities, but, the inside is clean(floors, gym equipment, mirrors and bathrooms), then it's all good with me.

Most gyms selling point is how accomplished their coaches were when they use to fight. But, being a great fighter does not automatically translate into being a great coach !!

Comment

Just talk to the trainer and ask if they train amater boxers etc.

You will usually find out whether it is just a fitness boxercise gym or a legit boxing gym.

Comment

a gym where u can shower wit other boxers and check out their c0cks....

Comment

Good reputation is number 1, making sure they're following the LBC rules, and protecting their fighters is by far the most important quality you can look for in a gym, sadly it's hard to see that by just walking in one, but if you're hearing great things about a certain gym and it's worth giving it a shot, go ahead, but the moment you see shady **** or rule breaking methods they use to "win" these titles and have success, walk away and don't look back, Boxing is dirty, it doesn't only happen in the Pro's

Comment

Working...
            X