No announcement yet.

Cutting weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting weight

Hey all, Im returning to the gym after some time off and I was wondering what would be the best diet to cut weight? Im 5"11/6ft and I weigh something like 175lb. I wanna lose 15pounds, anyone got a quick but healthy way of doing this?

I need help on WHAT to eat and drink mostly, should I cut out orange juice? which i drink ALOT, training would mostly consist of treadmill/crosstrainer/situps/pullups/pressups really, although if you have tips on training you can help there aswell.

Don't drink anything but water. Eat lean meats, complex carbs and lots of fruit and veggies. Easy on the carbs at night because that's what your body uses for energy and if you eat it before bed you won't burn it off in your sleep and it will be stored as fat.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much what ScottDBA said

I just had a month break from training, my last fight was at 110, i now weigh like 130-32 lbs. And I am carrying a bit of fat so I need to get on the diet now. But I did grow a lot.

Comment

Any specific type of foods I should eat?

Comment

Man I need to get back in the boxing gym as well! My last fight was at 139 and after the fight I went back to my normal 145-147, but since taking about 3 months off im up to 170 right now, with love handles and ****. Im only 5'8 so I don't look fat, just a little thick.

My diet was:

Breakfast: Soy shake(banana&strawberry) added for better taste.

Lunch Time: Either grilled chicken or a Tyson Chicken Chunks with pico de gallo, I would eat it with Wheat crackers, or a salad w/ very little ranch

Dinner: Soy Shake.

Weekends: My cheating days, I would eat regular food, but very little

All of this of course along with training. I was in the best shape of my life! will return possibly this week

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
            Don't drink anything but water. Eat lean meats, complex carbs and lots of fruit and veggies. Easy on the carbs at night because that's what your body uses for energy and if you eat it before bed you won't burn it off in your sleep and it will be stored as fat.
            Pretty much this. Great post.

Comment

Working...
            X