Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are people really rating Wilder higher now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post

Joshua is fighting on PPV matey. So is Fury. Remember that there is more to the boxing world than what is on offer in North America.

If Fury didn't lean on his lineal claim, how did he get the Wilder fight? It was either a cherry pick by Wilder or Fury self-promoting using a dubious claim despite claiming he'd retired.

I'm glad you didn't dispute any other part of my post though
    Nobody cares about your $20 PPV’s. That’s why you hearniacs keep plugging the ****ty streaming service you don’t even have access to. It’s why you keep telling us how PPV is dead, meanwhile you have to pay to watch Price vs Allen

And glad you can read. I said nobody who knows the sport disputed Fury’s lineal claim. Well, until Anthony “rounds 5 and up are called the Championship rounds!” Joshua came out and said he’d never heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Nobody cares about your $20 PPV’s. That’s why you hearniacs keep plugging the ****ty streaming service you don’t even have access to. It’s why you keep telling us how PPV is dead, meanwhile you have to pay to watch Price vs Allen
      Dude, chill.
      I pay equally to watch Wilder, Fury and Joshua. I don't discriminate...I like watching boxing but will NOT be watching that nonsense (Allen v Price).

I wish DAZN was available in the UK! I think PPV is slowly edging towards retirement.

Going back to what we were talking about...do you honestly think Fury's lineal claim is legit? IMO, No.
      Is Wilder's full record used as a tool to make Wilder seem more respectable as a Champion? IMO, yes.

What do you think?

Comment

Dude, chill.
        I pay equally to watch Wilder, Fury and Joshua. I don't discriminate...I like watching boxing but will NOT be watching that nonsense (Allen v Price).

I wish DAZN was available in the UK! I think PPV is slowly edging towards retirement.

Going back to what we were talking about...do you honestly think Fury's lineal claim is legit? IMO, No.
        Is Wilder's full record used as a tool to make Wilder seem more respectable as a Champion? IMO, yes.

What do you think?
        Yes I’ve always had Fury’s Lineal claim as legit. IMO it’s more legit that Klit’s was.

And I haven’t seen Wilder’s record used to prop him up as some sort of machine, but I typically only talk with boxing fans who know that his first 25 were against nobodies. The Mike Tyson approach of “fight often, learn on the job” it’s why records are meh. Spence’s last mandatory was like 21-0 but they were absolute nobodies and Spence crushed him.

And I got DAZN at launch. I’m slowly starting to get happier with it, but the first six months were awful since there were no damn fights!!

Comment

Yes I’ve always had Fury’s Lineal claim as legit. IMO it’s more legit that Klit’s was.

And I haven’t seen Wilder’s record used to prop him up as some sort of machine, but I typically only talk with boxing fans who know that his first 25 were against nobodies. The Mike Tyson approach of “fight often, learn on the job” it’s why records are meh. Spence’s last mandatory was like 21-0 but they were absolute nobodies and Spence crushed him.

And I got DAZN at launch. I’m slowly starting to get happier with it, but the first six months were awful since there were no damn fights!!
          I guess I seek points that reinforce my own preferences.

Wilder has got unequalled power IMO (Joshua isn't far behind) but Joshua has been fighting better level opponents for a relatively longer period and now we are in a period of 'he said this, he said that, he's a coward, he's ducking me, he want's x amount of money'...its all pretty pathetic but Joshua tends not to spout off a load of nonsense, which suits my preferences and that's why I don't like Fury and Wilder.

Therefore, even though I'm trying not too, I seek out things to discredit them. Bad, I know.

I genuinely hope DAZN is launched in the UK.

Comment

No really. Breazeale is on Martin`s level and Joshua finished Martin in 2. round. People think Martin sux, but Kownacki who is ranked high went in deep waters with him..So this is nothing new, Wilder just beat the guy that is top 15 in the world maybe.

Comment

I guess I seek points that reinforce my own preferences.

Wilder has got unequalled power IMO (Joshua isn't far behind) but Joshua has been fighting better level opponents for a relatively longer period and now we are in a period of 'he said this, he said that, he's a coward, he's ducking me, he want's x amount of money'...its all pretty pathetic but Joshua tends not to spout off a load of nonsense, which suits my preferences and that's why I don't like Fury and Wilder.

Therefore, even though I'm trying not too, I seek out things to discredit them. Bad, I know.

I genuinely hope DAZN is launched in the UK.
              I don’t see DAZN launching over there unless they kick Hearn to the curb, so it'll be a double edged sword for your countrymen. To give an example, I have the nhl and mlb packages to stream. But local games get blacked out because I could still go to them, or watch on cable. Sucks because I cancelled cable years ago.

My only issue with the names on Josh’s resume is that they’re just that, names, povetkin, Takam, Wlad, all good names but the youngest was 39 and then Chisora KO’d him which Joshua couldn’t do.

And 39 year old Pulev is next. I think all three of them have average resumes, but like I’ve said time and time again “unless you’re a heavyweight in their late 30’s-early 40’s you have a garbage resume because the division was garbage”

If you look at the older guys resumes, they don’t look any different from wilder, Fury, Joshua except they all have a loss to Wlad.

Comment

Most on here knew Brezeale was rubbish. The other ones are Wilder fans. He gets no extra credit from me, although it was a good shot, well landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Boxing IS fickle & I think people ARE impressed with the KO cuz KO's are often impressive, but idk that anyone is suddenly throwing Wilder into the #2 or #1 spot off of this W.

I had Wilder #3 in the division before Breazeale, I was impressed with the KO. And I still got Wilder #3 in the division.

And I'd imagine few people who's opinion is worth a damn moved Wilder higher in their own personal HW rankings off of this W.
                  My opinion of Wilder has improved. That knockout power got absolutely confirmed and enhanced.

I've gone from rating him as a 30% chance against Joshua to seeing it as maybe 40/60 (I still think Joshua wins most of the time).

But it doesn't affect my ratings. He beat Dominic Breazeale who walks onto big punches. Wilder is definitely number 3. He needs to beat Fury or Joshua to change that.

Comment

How can a guy who retired and got banned for drugs have a more legit claim than a guy who cleared out the division?

It comes down to your definition, but you'd have to admit it's murky.

In any case, he's ****ting all over the history and using it as more of a marketing tool than a legacy bestowed upon him.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                      Most on here knew Brezeale was rubbish. The other ones are Wilder fans. He gets no extra credit from me, although it was a good shot, well landed.
                      Breazeale is not rubish. fair top 20 guy. Still beats 95% of other guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X