No announcement yet.

Educational thread regarding the underrated Rahman and Maskaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educational thread regarding the underrated Rahman and Maskaev

I started this thread as a reaction to a thread bashing Rahman .
    Instead of replying there , I wanted it to be kept in my list of threads because under the forum's limitations we lose access to our posts quite quickly.

Hassim Rahman was destroyed twice by Oleg Maskaev fair and square , Maskaev gets a little underrated because except Rahman he stopped Jeff Wooden and Robert Hawkins , and before you discredit these guys , did you ever check their records and/or watched them fight ? do you know how they fight , against who they fought and how those fights ended ? Maskaev also stopped Derrick Jefferson and a 21-0 Alexander Miroshnichenko that had he was not robbed against Bowe in Seoul he may have won the gold there , but at least the silver he deserved for sure , he was only awarded the bronze , he may have also had a more decorated pro career than a 21-1 , had the FSB/Maffia (quite mixed with each other anyway) not thrown him from a building's 9 story.
    Maskaev claims/claimed to have stopped Vitali Klitschko in the amateurs , does anyone know if it is true and to what extent (legitimacy) ?

Rahman stopped Lennox Lewis and Corrie Sanders , was KOd himself by Lewis , drew with Tua and Toney , and never lost to neither Tua nor Holyfield .
    Holyfield butted him systematically , Tua hit him after the bell and even then , when Rahman was not given enough time to recover , Tua was not deducted a point , the stoppage was still somewhat debatable as Rahman was still evading some of Tua's punches (I am of the opinion he should not have taken more punishment , but the fight should have been either a DQ or a TD win for him or at least a NC/ND).
    Rahman lost decisions to Ruiz and Byrd whom Lewis ducked , no shame on these especially in the Byrd's decision loss.
    Rahman also won decisions over Ross Puritty , Monte Barrett , Alfred Cole and Obed Sullivan and stopped Jeff Wooden .

His record is a record that reveals a warrior whom ducked no one and fought every one , he did not get a deciding rubber match against Lewis , did he ?
    Vitali ducked him , while Wlad fought him when old and shot , the Maskaev losses are the biggest blemish on his record .

While Lewis was an almost dominant champ of his era , whom ducked a few , Rahman was the one who entirely took on all comers , ducked no one and was avoided himself by Lewis and Vitali Klitschko .

Just stated some of the facts.

ok

.................................................. .......

Comment

Really how can anyone take you seriosuly? You have Orlin Norris in your top 10 Heavyweights.............End of thread.

Comment

Originally posted by >Right Jab< View Post
        Really how can anyone take you seriosuly? You have Orlin Norris in your top 10 Heavyweights.............End of thread.
        Do you have a link to the place where I ranked Orlin Norris in my top 10 HW ?
        I did not even put him in my Top 20 all time black HW , so how can he be in my top 10 HW ?
        Too complicated 4u2 understand , but I assume most of the rest here got the irony in your post. You could be a private detective , I heard rumors about big money hanging around in that business.

Comment

I forgot to mention an important fact there : Maskaev stopped that 21-0 bronze (silver at least , possibly gold) Seoul medalist in his pro debut .
          Quickly he faced McCall (in his 7th pro fight) and then Tua (in his 12th professional fight) , what a start to a pro career !!..

Comment

Rhaman is neither great nor is he a bum...

He has better one punch power than both Klitschkos, and was able to knock down Corrie Sanders twice. But ultimately he is a limited boxer.

He fought an oxygen drained Lennox Lewis 6000 feet above Sea Level. Rahman was accustomed to the conditions while Lennox arrived at the last minute because he was shooting this in Vegas...

Comment

Rahman was Brian Nielsens sparringpartner and Nielsen beat him up day in and day out. Unfortunately Rahman got his shot at the big time before Nielsen so he surpassed him in value. Nielsen pursued a fight with Rahman hard but Rahman, who remembered what happened in sparring, would have none of it.

I guess Nielsen is very high on TS all-time list.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
                I started this thread as a reaction to a thread bashing Rahman .
                Instead of replying there , I wanted it to be kept in my list of threads because under the forum's limitations we lose access to our posts quite quickly.

Hassim Rahman was destroyed twice by Oleg Maskaev fair and square , Maskaev gets a little underrated because except Rahman he stopped Jeff Wooden and Robert Hawkins , and before you discredit these guys , did you ever check their records and/or watched them fight ? do you know how they fight , against who they fought and how those fights ended ? Maskaev also stopped Derrick Jefferson and a 21-0 Alexander Miroshnichenko that had he was not robbed against Bowe in Seoul he may have won the gold there , but at least the silver he deserved for sure , he was only awarded the bronze , he may have also had a more decorated pro career than a 21-1 , had the FSB/Maffia (quite mixed with each other anyway) not thrown him from a building's 9 story.
                Maskaev claims/claimed to have stopped Vitali Klitschko in the amateurs , does anyone know if it is true and to what extent (legitimacy) ?

Rahman stopped Lennox Lewis and Corrie Sanders , was KOd himself by Lewis , drew with Tua and Toney , and never lost to neither Tua nor Holyfield .
                Holyfield butted him systematically , Tua hit him after the bell and even then , when Rahman was not given enough time to recover , Tua was not deducted a point , the stoppage was still somewhat debatable as Rahman was still evading some of Tua's punches (I am of the opinion he should not have taken more punishment , but the fight should have been either a DQ or a TD win for him or at least a NC/ND).
                Rahman lost decisions to Ruiz and Byrd whom Lewis ducked , no shame on these especially in the Byrd's decision loss.
                Rahman also won decisions over Ross Puritty , Monte Barrett , Alfred Cole and Obed Sullivan and stopped Jeff Wooden .

His record is a record that reveals a warrior whom ducked no one and fought every one , he did not get a deciding rubber match against Lewis , did he ?
                Vitali ducked him , while Wlad fought him when old and shot , the Maskaev losses are the biggest blemish on his record .

While Lewis was an almost dominant champ of his era , whom ducked a few , Rahman was the one who entirely took on all comers , ducked no one and was avoided himself by Lewis and Vitali Klitschko .

Just stated some of the facts.
                Mironischenko wasn't robbed against Bowe. The russian had looked great with his trademark left hook all through the tournament but I recall quite clearly that Bowe won deservedly. I remember because Mironischenko impressed me so in this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
                  Rhaman is neither great nor is he a bum...

He has better one punch power than both Klitschkos, and was able to knock down Corrie Sanders twice. But ultimately he is a limited boxer.

He fought an oxygen drained Lennox Lewis 6000 feet above Sea Level. Rahman was accustomed to the conditions while Lennox arrived at the last minute because he was shooting this in Vegas...

What? Rahman didn't punch harder tha Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Rahman was Brian Nielsens sparringpartner and Nielsen beat him up day in and day out. Unfortunately Rahman got his shot at the big time before Nielsen so he surpassed him in value. Nielsen pursued a fight with Rahman hard but Rahman, who remembered what happened in sparring, would have none of it.

I guess Nielsen is very high on TS all-time list.
                    George Foreman was Sony Liston's sparring partner
                    Oliver McCall was Mike Tyson's sparring partner.
                    Larry Holmes was Muhammad Ali's sparring partner.

So ?

So maybe I was wrong about Rahman's not ducking of anyone , but regarding my ranking of Nielsen , you were wrong and could have prevented that error by reading my first post of that (top 30 and above) thread .
                    But Rahman did fight fighters much superior to Nielsen didn't he ?
                    You are the second who claimed ludicrous claims about my rankings of HWs , the one before you claimed about Norris' , you claim about Nielsen's , maybe you should all just read that thread , here is a link for your convenience and in the hope that similar claims will not repeat , my top 30 (actually 70 something) all time SHWs :
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=402196
                    read before replying and stating lies.

Comment

Working...
                    X