Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man....... I'm still extremely disappointed in Ruiz' effort.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Not many in boxing history can deal with that kind of style that Joshua brought that night.

Even duran quit when leonard started running.

I’m just saying it’s hard to chase the faster fighter when you the slower guy. Ask floyd mayweather’s opponents everytime the dude uses his bike to box.
    I told the Durán story 10K times.

1) he was given 1 month and 1 week to loose 52 pounds. Check it if you know your history
    2) Omar Torrijo's brother had a bet against him.

North Americans still want to close their eyes and will never confront these 2 facts. Let's keep on sucking on Leonard's D...

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      I see Andy Ruiz Junior beating 97% of the heavyweights in the game 'Only if he brings the same intensity in his training camps that he did for the first Joshua fight'.

But that is just it? Ruiz Junior may not acquire a Olympic styled work ethic or approach to the sport over night 'Those sort of behavioral traits are formed during your childhood and early career'.

I want to see Andy Ruiz Junior in another big fight this year.
      Not so sure man, he has fast hands, throws good combinations and is clearly durable. However a good jab and footwork cause him all sorts of problems. I dont think Joshua is a great technical fighter but he was landing at will.

I cant see him beating Wilder, Joshua when he fights like he did in the second fight and has no chance against Fury. I also would have the likes of Whyte, Ortiz, Usyk, Povetkin, Parker (even though that fight was very close) beating him, possibly even Hugie Fury given how much he moves and his length.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
        It's been a while ago, but this still gets to me more than any other fight in recent memory.

Losing wasn't the issue. It's the not even attempting to put up a fight and just gave back all the belts.

Maybe he just thought that it was all a fluke and he knew it, but even if it was a fluke and he knew that he wasn't going to beat him a second time, at least go down with honor and dignity and train at your very best and give it your very best so when your kids grow up and watch the fight, they would be proud seeing that he gave it his all.
        Your dad doing all right?

Comment

It's been a while ago, but this still gets to me more than any other fight in recent memory.

Losing wasn't the issue. It's the not even attempting to put up a fight and just gave back all the belts.

Maybe he just thought that it was all a fluke and he knew it, but even if it was a fluke and he knew that he wasn't going to beat him a second time, at least go down with honor and dignity and train at your very best and give it your very best so when your kids grow up and watch the fight, they would be proud seeing that he gave it his all.

Your just sour cause your old man pissed away your inheritance

Comment

To be a champion partly means you have a target on your back, not every fighter can handle that. We'll see if Ruiz can learn from this, or be another Buster Douglas, and never be relevant again. Ruiz's next fight might show us which way he's headed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              He landed a lucky punch. That's all there is to it. He will remain the unmotivated, tub of lard that he's always been.
              ...not to put too fine a point on it

Comment

Yeah I agree. It was surprising. He wasn't effective in the ring and looking back he didn't prepare properly. Joshua had quite a bit to do with how he looked in the ring but he disappointed with his poor effort.

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
                  It's definitely difficult to deal with, however I think the disappointment lies in the fact that Andy knew going in that AJ would do that ("I expect Joshua to try to box me around") and yet he apparently made no effort to prepare for that. Ruiz might have lost anyway but the least he could have done is slim down enough to put forth a better effort.
                  Truth.

Even the best of the best though struggled with styles like that. Even pac who has multiple gears and demon speed has trouble with elite movement. Let alone a fluffy mexican. He was already fat the first time around too.. and he would have lost that one had AJ fought the same way he did the second.

Who could deal with styles like that in history?
                  Tommy hearns? Floyd? We never seen floyd chase anybody he always the one getting chased so that’s just up for imagination.

Even marquez got outbox by chris effin John.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                    I told the Durán story 10K times.

1) he was given 1 month and 1 week to loose 52 pounds. Check it if you know your history
                    2) Omar Torrijo's brother had a bet against him.

North Americans still want to close their eyes and will never confront these 2 facts. Let's keep on sucking on Leonard's D...
                    Not sucking anyone’s D am not even a fan of leonard to begin with.

1. That’s on duran, he knows there’s a rematch and agreed to it
                    just like getting fat was ruiz fault not AJ’s lol

2. Idk who the F that is.

Whatever the excuse he quit on him and i like duran..

Okay i’ll just use different examples to make my point with elite fighters struggling with movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                      I'll never forgive Ruiz for this one. I was looking forward to this fight with so much anticipation, expected Ruiz to be even better than the first and be ferocious. It was so mind numbing to see him follow, not trying to cut the ring off even once. When the interview rolled on by, and he said "I'll get him next time, next time I'll be in shape" I said to myself, I'll never watch this guy fight again, he blew the biggest opportunity and completely disappointed me, who even put money on him.

I'll probably never watch another fight with him, just out of sheer disrespect he had for the fans of him, and for everyone who watched the fight.
                      Yea, you can make all the arguments about style matchups and mismatches, strengths and weaknesses, all you want. You can tell when a fighter wants it, comes to win. Ruiz Jr. Could have, and should have left it all in the ring in the rematch, determined to prove doubters wrong and defend his titles like a warrior. He didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X