No announcement yet.

Pain in my elbow...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in my elbow...

I was jabbing the heavybag earlier and now my left elbow stings whenever I extend it.

I was doing nothing but jabs, I did exactly 140 jabs with my right hand nonstop and it was alright. I rested for a few mins. and started with my left, at 70 my left elbow started to sting whenever I stuck it out. I finished the extra 70 I had left despite my elbow hurting.

What is it?

You are snapping your punches too hard. You probably extended your elbow too much. Move closer to the bag when you punch.

Comment

Just something with your nerve, should be ok in a day or so, if it persists, go see a doc, but I doubt it. Happened a million times to me.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingguy1226 View Post
        You are snapping your punches too hard. You probably extended your elbow too much. Move closer to the bag when you punch.
        Yeah sounds like an extension problem... Stretching your jab too much...

Comment

exactly wut happened to me today..i was hittin the bag and got this crazy idea to turn southpaw..soo i did..and the first punch i threw (right jab) i got the same pain you feelin..but its fine now..its nothen it should heal in a couple of hours

Comment

dont go for any machoism crap. if it hurts, stop doing it immediatly and give it a rest.

Comment

Pain in your muscles, and to a small extent, bones (the length of them) is natural. Joint pain however (not to be confused with muscle pain) is no joke, and is a good indication you're doing something wrong, or perhaps way to much. I'd venture a guess here that the problem is doing something wrong. Like others said, probably over extension. Has your trainer looked at your form?

Peace,
              Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Hooks View Post
                I was jabbing the heavybag earlier and now my left elbow stings whenever I extend it.

I was doing nothing but jabs, I did exactly 140 jabs with my right hand nonstop and it was alright. I rested for a few mins. and started with my left, at 70 my left elbow started to sting whenever I stuck it out. I finished the extra 70 I had left despite my elbow hurting.

What is it?
                i get the same man, but only when im shaddow boxing, i think its when your arm extends to much, but i aint sure.

Comment

its happened to me while shadow boxing (i thorugh the jab like i mean it!) rest it and put some kind of wrap around it to keep it warm especcially while you sleep. my pian subsided in a couple of days

Comment

Yeah, I was snapping my jabs. I was punching as fast as I could while pulling my arm back as fast as I could from kind of far away. Just practicing my jab, they said I have a pretty good form. I was extending my arm out all the way when I jabbed though.

Comment

Working...
                    X