No announcement yet.

small meals or fewer large meals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small meals or fewer large meals

my trainer has been telling me that its better to eat smaller meals every 2-3hours than eating fewer large meals. Unfortunately on some days I am unable to eat for 5-6hours sometimes. Lets break down this idea into a science.

It has to do with your body expecting a constant supply of nutrition and not feeling the need to hold excess fat reserves in fear of famine. So what happens is that when you eat smaller meals more often you lose fat more effectively, or you store less fat. I'm not completely sure but that's what i've heard.

Comment

I'm sorry, but 5-6 hours without eating is to long. It is very important to resupply the body with food. This will keep the burning up.
      Try to make some easy food that you can bring with. Make chicken and rice and put it in a box. 1 min in the microwave and it's done.
      Or try fruit, or maybe a protein bar(Replacement Meal).
      Good luck.
      Regards ALexander

Comment

If you can't eat at the time, there are always meal replacement shakes, which are okay to use for times like work, and things, which is why I assume you can't eat for those periods. Just get one of those like Slimfast, but not necessarily Slimfast, and you should be good, because we can't always eat five-six meals per day.

Comment

your trainer is right you need to eat often(not much but often), it will increase your metabolism a keep your blood sugar more steady.

Comment

Working...
          X