No announcement yet.

Becoming a pro?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a pro?

I wanna start boxing i'm 17, is it too late for me? I don't have any boxing gyms in my area but I have stuff at my house. I was wondering what kind of workouts to do and how long will it take me to get an amateur fight.

Originally posted by AlexMorgan<3 View Post
    I wanna start boxing i'm 17, is it too late for me? I don't have any boxing gyms in my area but I have stuff at my house. I was wondering what kind of workouts to do and how long will it take me to get an amateur fight.
    it will take you as long has it takes for you to get a trainer to sign u up for fights

Comment

not late at all, but you can't just train at home to become a pro. its like saying "I wanna become a pro at tennis but i dont have any clubs around so ill just get a tennis ball and a racket and just keep on practicing." well, that guy don't know the proper forms of tennis or what workouts pro do, doesn't he? well, same as boxing. try and find a boxing gym, even if its a little far away. you can always bike/drive there. joining a gym and finding a good trainer is the shortcut. the rest is up to your dedication.

Comment

Why do you want to become a pro? I think too many people think they can just become a pro in boxing. It is by far one of the most difficult and most ruthless sports out there. With ruthless I also mean as far as getting a good trainer, the right management, getting paid fairly etc. You should start with I want to win all my amatuer fights.

Join a good gym, without that you will get nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ChowAce View Post
          Why do you want to become a pro? I think too many people think they can just become a pro in boxing. It is by far one of the most difficult and most ruthless sports out there. With ruthless I also mean as far as getting a good trainer, the right management, getting paid fairly etc. You should start with I want to win all my amatuer fights.

Join a good gym, without that you will get nowhere.
          Even if its hard he can do it.
          Last edited by pugilistprophet1994; 08-03-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

get yourself into a gym mate sergio martinez first stepped into a boxing gym at the age of 20 and he is #2 in the world p4p

all is possible if you have the will to do it and work hard

Comment

Just find a gym man. Anywhere.
              Last edited by pugilistprophet1994; 08-03-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by calmdown View Post
                get yourself into a gym mate sergio martinez first stepped into a boxing gym at the age of 20 and he is #2 in the world p4p

all is possible if you have the will to do it and work hard

he's also a one in a million talent

go to a gym and see if you like it first it doesn't even sound like somebody has punched you in the face yet

you don't know how you will react
                some people literally say **** this and stop

and some of them were as gung ho as you sound. something to think about.

i'd say if you get hit in the face for your first time and it awakens a monster inside of you that NEEDS to hit him back then you've taken your first step

don't get it twisted, if you somehow got a fight in the am or pros after just hitting a bag on your own in your basement you'll get stopped early. more than likely they will not let you fight

they'll ask you where you train out of, you'll respond "my house"
                and they will say, "oh, is somebody in your family a trainer?"
                "no, i trained myself"
                "denied"

this aint MMA haha
                i've seen some mma guys on TV who are "self taught // trained"
                what a joke that is. and they are on TV no less

Comment

Take the <3 out of your username

This is boxing not kissing

Good luck!

Comment

I'd say try to find a good gym first and get some amateur fights to start. I'm not saying don't go for pro at all, but set some smaller goals and work up to that would help a lot

Comment

Working...
                    X