Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zab Judah vs Micky Ward...BEST Zab Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zab Judah vs Micky Ward...BEST Zab Fight!

This is the best zab has looked ever man!

I hope he showes up like this againts the garcia folks!

I hope Angel Garcia keeps clowning Zab.

Comment

This was 15 years ago against a rather faded Ward.

That said Zab almost always shines against B- & C level fighters, the moment he steps up against a legit world level fighter, he folds like a cheap deckchair.

Off the top of my head this was Zabs performance IMO

Comment

I think Zab vs Spinks 2 was his best performance.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          This was 15 years ago against a rather faded Ward.

That said Zab almost always shines against B- & C level fighters, the moment he steps up against a legit world level fighter, he folds like a cheap deckchair.

Off the top of my head this was Zabs performance IMO

Bergman was a bloody good fighter. He was, at the time, considered much like Matthyse or a more skilled Maidana is today. He had a huge punch and was a highly touted prospect. He ran into prime Tszyu when he (Bergman) was undefeated and at his peak, and got sparked pretty brutally in a good fight. It was a pity because I think that ruined him.

Still a very dangerous fighter though. Good win for Zab.

I do agree with Liraj though. Spinks II is by far his best showing. No one else was been able to get Spinks out of there, until he was well past it, and that included guys at 160 like Jermain Taylor.

He's better than now given credit for and actually has a decent resume of wins overall. Just so inconsistent.
          Last edited by BennyST; 12-02-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Bergman was a bloody good fighter. He was, at the time, considered much like Matthyse or a more skilled Maidana is today. He had a huge punch and was a highly touted prospect. He ran into prime Tszyu when he (Bergman) was undefeated and at his peak, and got sparked pretty brutally in a good fight. It was a pity because I think that ruined him.

Still a very dangerous fighter though. Good win for Zab.

I do agree with Liraj though. Spinks II is by far his best showing. No one else was been able to get Spinks out of there, until he was well past it, and that included guys at 160 like Jermain Taylor.

He's better than now given credit for and actually has a decent resume of wins overall. Just so inconsistent.
            bergman never beat anyone in the top 10 or knocked out anyone good. it's called hype. mattyhsse is the opposite of hype. he's beaten 3 top 10 fighters and veteran guys like corley and soto. yet no one wants to fight him. people wanted to fight bergman because he had hype without substance.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              bergman never beat anyone in the top 10 or knocked out anyone good. it's called hype. mattyhsse is the opposite of hype. he's beaten 3 top 10 fighters and veteran guys like corley and soto. yet no one wants to fight him. people wanted to fight bergman because he had hype without substance.
              Absolutely. I completely agree. It turned out that Bergman wasn't up to scratch. He did beat some good fighters and top ten guys, but nothing worth writing home about.

He was thought of as a Matthyse/Maidana type guy before he was KTFO by Tzsyu, though he wasn't actually as good. Get my drift? He had some major hype going into that fight, mainly because he'd had quite a spectacular amateur background and most were KO's.

His best win is probably over former 130 champion Kamel Ali.
              Last edited by BennyST; 12-02-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X