Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me what are carbs used for ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain to me what are carbs used for ?

What are carbohydrates used for? I heard to much of them are bad for you but I also heard pasta is good for you because its high in carbs
    While Im at it does anyone know any good healty pasta recipes?

Id appreciate some answers, thanks

Carbs help with storage and transport of energy (starch, glycogen) and and their derivatives play important roles in the working process of the immune system, fertilization, pathogenesis, blood clotting,

Comment

As the above poster said. Carbs are use for energy storage in the form of glycogen. Too many carbs and you get an insulin ****e and your body stores it as fat.

Carbs in the form of Whole Wheat and Whole Grain is what you want. The only other time you want ****ty carbs and sugars is after you train/workout. Grab a gatorade or eat a donut or some PB&J

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
        As the above poster said. Carbs are use for energy storage in the form of glycogen. Too many carbs and you get an insulin ****e and your body stores it as fat.

Carbs in the form of Whole Wheat and Whole Grain is what you want. The only other time you want ****ty carbs and sugars is after you train/workout. Grab a gatorade or eat a donut or some PB&J
        why are "****ty carbs" ok after you train?

Comment

Your body has depleted it's ATP source so it's looking for any kind of energy it can, it's just for a quick boost of energy

Comment

double edge sword, theyr'e energy sources but if not spent by your body they turn into fat. but who keeps track of them right?

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
              double edge sword, theyr'e energy sources but if not spent by your body they turn into fat. but who keeps track of them right?
              all kcals turns into fat if not burned

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                why are "****ty carbs" ok after you train?
                Because after you train your glycogen stores are depleted and you need something fast burning and believe it or not high in sugar. You're body is looking for anything it can get to get energy back in the body and something like Jelly on White Bread, Gatorade, Bagel or a Glazed Donut is ideal.

Comment

i got to respectfully disagree. just b/c you hear that carbs/sugar are okay after your workout, doesnt give you a free pass to binge. yes, if you were to eat that donut at any time during the day, the best time would be post workout. but in reality why not just go with a banana sammich on some wheat bread with protein shake.

Comment

carbs are really good for you and your body needs them its the 6 nutrients your body needs including water vitamins minerals protein lipids(fats) and carbohydrates

you want good pasta go to olive garden

Comment

Working...
                    X