No announcement yet.

Body Mass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Mass

Which techniques or supplements have you used to gain lots of body mass. I'm talking about 10 - 15 pounds of body mass.

i have took creatine for more than a year now it works well i think

Comment

If you're not a boxer I'd say lift heavy (go for about 6 reps per set), eat a ton (about a gram per pound of bodyweight per day) of protein and rest 9-10 hours a day. If you are then stop trying to gain weight because it's going to bump you up into a weightclass that's too high for you're frame. As a boxer you should be trying to gain strength and not size. Unless you have RJJ's athleticism, you don't want to be a blown up little guy.
      Last edited by Kid Achilles; 04-05-2005, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Squats are good for packing on weight quick. So is bench press, do 6 sets of each muscle, and use heavy weight. Make sure your first set is light to warm up, you don't wanna pull a muscle. Like he said, eat alot of protein

Comment

a gram of protine per pound of weight thats a lot of protein.

Comment

Originally posted by akins12732
            i have took creatine for more than a year now it works well i think
            Any side effects? And this might be a dumb question, but im going to ask it anyways! Are your arms defined (cut) or are they just big and/or squishy?? I heard creatine makes you seem like you have water in your biceps...

Comment

creating with protien and alot of healthy food worked best for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Gladiator2k
                Any side effects? And this might be a dumb question, but im going to ask it anyways! Are your arms defined (cut) or are they just big and/or squishy?? I heard creatine makes you seem like you have water in your biceps...
                Creatine makes you hold water in your muscles, therefore making you look bigger. But once you stop taking it, your muscles get smaller.

I recommend taking whey protein and glutamine. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Also, the more important than supplements is training. No point in "supplementing" your workout with nothing to supplement. That's like giving creatine to a guy in a coma: useless.

LIke the guy above said, squats are good (make sure you got a spotter).

Also, deadlifts, power cleans (good form is CRUCIAL in both those), and wide grip bench presss are all good.

Comment

Working...
                  X