No announcement yet.

moving up in weight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving up in weight...

i'm almost 5'8" and fight at 106...i'm thinking about lifting a LITTLE BIT of weights to move up to 112 or maybe a bit higher cuz being this skinny sucks...
    does it seem like a good idea??? if weights isn't the right idea, then wat should i do to gain the weight in a healthy manner...

no advice huh...???

Comment

Originally posted by 2NdRoUnDkO
      i'm almost 5'8" and fight at 106...i'm thinking about lifting a LITTLE BIT of weights to move up to 112 or maybe a bit higher cuz being this skinny sucks...
      does it seem like a good idea??? if weights isn't the right idea, then wat should i do to gain the weight in a healthy manner...
      You can either gain muscle, fat, or water weight. Obviously water weight is temporary, fat is also not the way to go, only one more choice, lean muscle mass. How do you build lean muscle mass? The best choice for that would be resistance training. Body weight exercises create a low ceiling of adaptation, meaning your results will begin to diminish very quickly because the body will adapt and cease hypertrophy/strength gains. You can only truly overload the muscle with progressive forms of resistance,(i.e. weight training). Hope that answers your questions.

Comment

Eat EAt and EAT! you have to eat plenty of good food, learn to cook your own food and go buy your groceries yourself go with your mom to the supermarket and buy lots of fish and chicken and white or brown rice and vegatables and eat small meals. 6 to 7 small meals a day every 2 to 3 hours. I would stay away from weights at your age just do what your doing hit the heavy bag and running and all that stuff but just eat plenty your young so stay away from heavy weights.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDozer260
          You can either gain muscle, fat, or water weight. Obviously water weight is temporary, fat is also not the way to go, only one more choice, lean muscle mass. How do you build lean muscle mass? The best choice for that would be resistance training. Body weight exercises create a low ceiling of adaptation, meaning your results will begin to diminish very quickly because the body will adapt and cease hypertrophy/strength gains. You can only truly overload the muscle with progressive forms of resistance,(i.e. weight training). Hope that answers your questions.
          Listen to this guy.. he is an expert to this kinda things.

Comment

thanks guys...

Comment

dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm....i like your avatar 2ndrdko

Comment

Originally posted by xXslimXx
                dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm....i like your avatar 2ndrdko
                you have to get rid of those .gif's in ur sig...its a new rule that Rick REeno put up...get rid of it or they'll get rid of you

Comment

I would suggest taking weight gainer and lifting some weights. You seem to have a high metabolism so it may be harder for you to gain weight.

Comment

Originally posted by ImSicilian
                    I would suggest taking weight gainer and lifting some weights. You seem to have a high metabolism so it may be harder for you to gain weight.
                    very true...i can eat almost anything i want and still be thin...its fun

Comment

Working...
                    X