Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Hughie Fury fit in the HW scene? Future champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Hughie Fury fit in the HW scene? Future champ?

He’s related to Tyson Fury and trained by the same team that trained up Tyson Fury so I’m guessing he’s got something about him. I only ever seen one of his fights, against Joseph Parker where he showed signs of ‘shades of Ali’.

Nobody seems to mention this guy, he’s going under the radar, but he must have something about him, trained by Tyson furys past trainers who made him what he is today.

He is a good fighter but right now you can’t say he shows signs of being a top fighter.

In the Parker fight, he went into it off the back of huge inactivity and didn’t throw enough but certainly wasn’t outclassed, it was a close fight. Had Hughie let his hands go a bit much, he could’ve taken that fight.

He suffered a terrible cut v Pulev which threw him off too. He didn’t do enough in that fight either though but showed ability he can fight at that level.

So it’s hard to say. He’s certainly showed he can compete with top 10 fighters. I think he just falls short though. Certainly not a bad fighter, but not everyone can be top level. He’s still young though, he can improve and probably give anyone competition on his day.

My problem with Hughie is that when you fight the way he does on the backfoot, you really have to control the distance and pace of the fight, which he has been unable to do against the better fighters he faced. So that’s where he falls short.
    Last edited by deathofaclown; 06-17-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

He couldn't beat Parker or Pulev. Has no good wins.

Comment

With no power or ring IQ? He can B side to Whyte or something, maybe an AJ come back opponent.

Comment

Bum city. No talent, just a big lanky plank.

Comment

Gatekeeper to the top 10 at best.

Comment

he needs to stay active at domestic level and build from there.

Comment

He's still young so can improve but seems to have been around a long time.
                I'd like to see him v the best British fighters to see where he's at.
                Against Daniel Dunois, Joe Joyce, whyte

Comment

Working...
                X