No announcement yet.

Can I Improve?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Improve?

We'll when I had my boxing match last saturday after my coach said I wasn't fit enough and couldn't last.. I felt that I was fit but not during the fight. Is this it? Can I definetly improve more or am I at my limit and won't be able to last the rounds? Or do I have to train more and wait?
    Help me please

everyone can improve...last week i wasw troo slow and too weak..took friday off and came in today fresh and pucnhed fast and hard...you probally jsut gotta take a day off or something

when your fresh you feel beteer

Comment

We'll I did have a blocked nose so i couldn't breathe properly. But now my coach hasn't been paying any attention to me I don't think. How can i show him I am ready to fight again, because in spars we can only through straight punches and not hard.

Comment

it may not be bad conditionin
        it may need to learn more about yourself
        a better/different way to fight
        pacen yourself if u throw to many punches
        blockin more if u cant take punches well
        countering
        id say spar more and try different things

Comment

Anyone can improve, it all depends on age as to how far you improve however.

Comment

We'll im 14.. And only been boxing 3 months but had my first fight last saturday. So i have time to improve

Comment

Ok, course you will improve. If you felt you weren't fit then you weren't, but the good think is that you tried your best. If you video taped your boxing match study your fight and correct your errors. Just keep training hard everyday at the gym, your coach will see that you are dedicated and will pay attention to you again. Maybe right now he is helping the other fighters getting ready for their fight...

Reason he may be telling you to only throw straight punchs is to learn how to throw them correctly and effectivly and without thinking about your punchs. Then he will show you other punchs.

As for competition, it took me awhile to get good breath to fight for 3 whole rounds. You may need more conditioning. Just stay in the gym and keep practicing.

Sometimes coachs want to see if you will keep motived after a lose, if you will keep going to the gym, its a test. Its all up to you, best way to improve first is condition, and practice and sparring, a bit of everything but importently is condition,sparring and practice.

Comment

shadowbox-It'll improve your technique and you'll find out omre about yourself also do plenty of running

Comment

You only get better by pushing yourself beyond your limit regularly...

Comment

Working...
                  X