Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$80 PPV price for Canelo-Golovkin. What happened to $50 PPVs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by low blows View Post
    You do know it's on at the worst time possible. How many people order this fight in the UK and fall asleep before the main event. Or take a nap and don't wake up until the fight is over?

Australia is a shade better but it's in the middle of a Sunday afternoon, so you could easily forget to watch the fight doing weekend grocery shopping or coming back from church or something to that affect.
    Telecast starts at 10 in the morning in the east coast states in Australia, pretty hard to forget it's on if your looking forward to it

Comment

And that's why I'm going to the theater.

$20 is where it's at.

Comment

Honestly man this is the one fight where I don't care the price.

Obviously I think it should be 50/60 (honestly I think 40 is the perfect price for any fight personally), but if any fight is worth it, this is it.

Canelo is the main draw in the sport, GGG is probably 3rd biggest draw (Joshua in between, Floyd retired and Manny past it unfortunately), and their styles match up so well.

We didn't have to wait too long (still 2 years but oh well) for this to the happen, unlike another big fight were we didn't get it where one fighter was past it.

I don't like the idea of any fight taking more money from me but this is the one fight where I'm gonna be most lenient. This is most true fight fans most desired fight, I can understand why a promoter would charge more for this.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          That's a joke. The PPV is going to do bad numbers. Do they really think people are going to spend that kind of money when it's going to be everywhere online for free?
          I usually stream most PPV fights but for one like this I want HD with zero lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
            Honestly man this is the one fight where I don't care the price.

Obviously I think it should be 50/60 (honestly I think 40 is the perfect price for any fight personally), but if any fight is worth it, this is it.

Canelo is the main draw in the sport, GGG is probably 3rd biggest draw (Joshua in between, Floyd retired and Manny past it unfortunately), and their styles match up so well.

We didn't have to wait too long (still 2 years but oh well) for this to the happen, unlike another big fight were we didn't get it where one fighter was past it.

I don't like the idea of any fight taking more money from me but this is the one fight where I'm gonna be most lenient. This is most true fight fans most desired fight, I can understand why a promoter would charge more for this.
            Man Golovkin is not the 3rd biggest draw. Golovkin has had 2 PPV fights with a combined 320K PPV buys. Ward has had 2 PPV fights with a combined 300K PPV buys. When you are 20K PPV buys ahead of Andre Ward, you are not the #3 draw in boxing.

Comment

Maybe you're right but who is then?

I mean there aren't that many guys that sell PPVs

Comment

I'd pay 100 for this easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Man Golovkin is not the 3rd biggest draw. Golovkin has had 2 PPV fights with a combined 320K PPV buys. Ward has had 2 PPV fights with a combined 300K PPV buys. When you are 20K PPV buys ahead of Andre Ward, you are not the #3 draw in boxing.
                  Here are the A side names for PPVs in the last three or so years for NA.

Floyd
                  Canelo
                  GGG
                  Ward/Kov
                  Cotto
                  Pac

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    That's not ppv. Thats watching in some bar or a hotel.
                    Even in theaters its worth 500.
                    PPv is buying in your home cable
                    It's actually a PPV lol there's no theater or bar showing this fight. This is not some of your May-Mac match ups that casual fans would pay for

Comment

anyone who coughed up $100 for that exhibition ''fight'' should be happy to plunk down $80 for a real fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X