No announcement yet.

1 glass of red wine...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 glass of red wine...

I've read its good for you, and also read it's bad.. I sometimes have one glass on my non training days to relax me and my muscles more, I personally think it aids muscle recovery as u relax better and sit still longer (I'm quite fidgety)

Anyone try small doses of alcohol to relax?

What do you guys think?

P.s. I also drink min 2L water per day so it does effect me much in terms of dehydration.

I dont know about the relaxation thing but one glass of wine is not enough to be harmfull for your body, it's not optimal but i don't think it's a problem.

Comment

Lol @ you making up an excuse to drink wine.

If you wanna have a glass of wine just drink it don't try to cover it up with "it makes my muscles relax" BS.

Comment

men drink - f#cking period.

anyways, there was a study, i think more than one, where 2 glasses of wine, couple beers or shots of whiskey actually contribute to making bones harder.

besides that, they can loosen you up. you just have to make sure you are less than buzzed as excess is generally not too good.

strangely enough, some of the most feared men i have ever met drink a lot.

Comment

over here in France we drink wine.... a lot. They say one glass of wine a day is good for you, for the cardio vascular system. works a bit like aspirin, makes the blood more fluid.
          then again, I was also told that alcohol must be totally forbidden, as it messes with your testosterone levels... I never found proof of that though.

Comment

Red wine contains some very powerful anti-oxidants that are good for you. Of course you can find these in most herbal supplements if you want to keep the alcohol out of your system.

Comment

Life is too short to not enjoy the finer things in life, of which wine is one. I don't care how much I want to train, I come from one of those Italian homes that's been feeding me wine since I felt the womb, and it won't end just because I love to box!

Comment

If you want the health benefits of wine but don't want to drink, Red Grape juice is a good alternative. Plenty of athletes bodybuilders do it for the anti-oxidants.

But one glass of wine won't kill you. But make no mistake alcohol may help you relax and unwind but it actually kills recovery.

Comment

Working...
                X