No announcement yet.

Blood nose=getting worse in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood nose=getting worse in boxing?

Yesterday night i got hit really hard with a right uppercut in my nose, blood started to flow like water in an instant, my whole shirt in front was red from my own blood...now day has passed and my nose still stings...
    Now i am not bad at boxing but i definitely lost confidence and im worried this will affect my sparring heavily in the future because i will fight with fear for my nose knowing how bad it can hurt...Anyone else have experience with similar feeling?

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
    Yesterday night i got hit really hard with a right uppercut in my nose, blood started to flow like water in an instant, my whole shirt in front was red from my own blood...now day has passed and my nose still stings...
    Now i am not bad at boxing but i definitely lost confidence and im worried this will affect my sparring heavily in the future because i will fight with fear for my nose knowing how bad it can hurt...Anyone else have experience with similar feeling?
    it happens my man...jus work on ur defense...keeping ur hands up...most importantly..i teach my guys footwork...best defense in my opinion is the one where ur at the angle not to get hit...learn all the D...catching punches(not w ur nose) lol...slippin...what i call the 11oclock 1 oclock...etc...dont let it discourage ya...it will prob happen again..but hell thats what boxing is about

Comment

my last fight i got hit with an elbow and since then my nose has been messed up(1month ago) i sparred 3 times since then and everytime the minimum touch got my nose all swoled up and started bleeding non stop i'm giving it a rest so see what happens hope your luckier than i am

Comment

A guy in my gym has this same problem. Every time he sparrs with anyone and gets even slightly touched up on his nose, he starts bleeding like crazy.

All I could suggest is work on basic defense like keeping your chin tucked in at all times and especially when your throwing punches. Keep that chin tucked and behind your shoulder will prevent your nose from taking too much of a beating.

Uppercuts will still get through though.

Comment

Man, my nose used to bleed if anybody even feinted a blow, I had the white canvas of the gym spotted and soiled big time with my blood.

Don't be afraid of it bleeding, a bloody nose in a fight is nothing. I always said that I was never really fighting until I tasted some blood anyway.

It will stop bleeding in time. Your nose will develop scar tissue on the inside until it just stops bleeding so easily. After the first 6 months to a year my nose rarely bleed. It will stop but it will take time and persistance............Rockin'

Comment

if you get your hands up you dont have to worry about bloody noses and stuff. also try to get a decent headgear with good cheek protectors (winning fg 2900 for example). but defense is the key, always make sure you have both of your hands in front of your face when you get closer to your opponent

Comment

and it doesn't mean that you are getting worse at boxing because you're a little messed up psychologically. you have to get back in the ring and look at punches, punches and more punches.

a couple or eight years ago I got hit in the face with a baseball while playing 3rd base. the next game, two days later, i was out there for two hours before hand facing ground balls so that i would not hesitate and instinctually turn away. i think it's the same kind of idea.

but first, you gotta heal.

Comment

if any thing like that ever happens me i face it straight away .cuz the longer you leave it the worse it gets .

Comment

I used to bleed badly during sparring but then I got my nose cauterized (only the right nostril).

The doc said I had alot of veins close to the surface up in my nosehole so that it would bleed easily.

It took about 5 weeks or so for my nose to feel "normal" again, as in not having disgusting scabby bits of dead skin coming out lol, but now that its healed up things are so much better.

I never bleed out of my right nostril no more, my left one sometimes gets a bit bloodied but nothing flowing like my right one did. Plus I also breath a lot easier through it these days and my nose doesnt get half as runny in the cold.

I want to get the left nostril done aswell but the 5 week downtime means I cant spar for like a while which would suck.

Comment

Working...
                  X