No announcement yet.

shoulder surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulder surgery

im going in for keyhole in a few weeks after several dislocations. just wondering if anyone else has had it and if they are still able to box well afterwards

never needed surgery for it but did partially tear my rotor cuff recently like few weeks ago. I can tell you this. It will get stiff, as it heals you'll feel it. It'll suck. Then once everything heals completely, you'll start your rehab. That sucks too because the shoulder gets ridiculously weak. I am still going through rehab but when you first start, your shoulder gets fatigued very fast. I can't even do regular push ups, i have to do them from my knees because that **** can't sustain the weight properly.

you'll be afraid to injure it again. every little thing, a stretch, a pop-like sound, whatever. it'll freak you out because you don't want to injure it again. I'll say, do everything by the book. stretch, warm up, protein drinks. everything physical therapists say to do, do it. it'll keep from injuring it again.

Comment

Josh, arm vibration application will drasticaly improve the rehabilitation process of your shoulder. Don't hesitate to contact me for further details.

Comment

both of mine pop out.

ive never gotten taken care of and i can still box.

Comment

you need good and experienced orthopedic surgeon and the operation is much better be performed by arthroscopy not by open operation . It will heal much faster , but the choice depends on the type of shoulder dislocation you have .

Comment

thanks for the replies guys. yeah mine have been poping in and out for years and i finaly got an mri scan done. permanent joint damage that can be fixed by this apparently. im already psat the post injury recovery stage and im 99% better. just waiting for this surgery. i guess i will just have to do what the doc says.

@ alcoach, ive heard its good, but its also expensive right?

Comment

Working...
            X