Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing implement a 13th round if and only if after 12 rounds fight is a draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's pretty simple to me, a draw is a legitimate outcome. Why are we trying to fix it?

I'm guessing the problem people actually have is with the scoring. Well let's fix that instead!

Comment

• It should be live scoring, and if there's a draw at 12, 13th round right away.

Nobody wants to see a ****ing draw, it's pointless.

Comment

• No
        No fughin way
        Just destroying the sport more
        Live with it , it’s a fughin draw
        Get over it , go fugh your wife

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
          just let it be fight goes on till one man gets knocked out/gives up

no need for draws, no need for "running away", no need for corrupt judges
          Yeah we'd have a whole lot of long term complications, neurological problems, and deaths if that happened lol

There are fighters that don't give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            No
            No fughin way
            Just destroying the sport more
            Live with it , it’s a fughin draw
            Get over it , go fugh your wife
            How do live scoring and overtime rounds destroy boxing?

It sounds like you haven't thought it through.

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
              How do live scoring and overtime rounds destroy boxing?

It sounds like you haven't thought it through.
              Ok here we go !
              You say bring the live scoring and ‘overtime’ rounds
              Call me old school or whatever the fugh you want but I find it takes away from what the sport or what it was supposed to be
              Just like soccer , with the reviews ; first it slows the fughin game up ( we all know soccer does not need that )
              Their not going to Toronto like the NHL ( still pretty fast imo ) but it kills the game, players walking around talking to each other etc etc
              Plus four human refs on the field ,imo they make that call and everyone ‘s gotta fughin live with it even if it’s a human error , it is what it is
              Let’s get back on track , Boxing
              Ok , fughnut Broner decides to wave his head for seven rounds , his fat fugh old man now gets wind of the scores
              Tells ******o he needs at least a knockdown to secure all the head knodding , so as like the Emmanuel Taylor fight he goes and earns his money for two minutes and gets the knockdown thus securing or purchasing that W
              Hold on , now to top it off , Mrs Adelaide Baird hands in another masterful Picasso and now securing the W
              This open scoring is taking the ref slowly but surly out of the game
              Next will be to review if a fighter’s glove glazed the floor oh fugh yeah it did
              Oh wow let’s stop the fight , give the ten count plus judges gotta change the scoring 10/8 and it goes on and on and on
              Boxing won’t be boxing anymore , just like soccer won’t be soccer anymore
              Ok so the human eye got us a draw , live with it brother , you’ll get over it
              They fughin get over it , they wipe their eyes with millions
              Keep it real , what else are posters on this site gonna fughin do if theirs no controversy
              Darkseid not sure if I got my point across but that’s it , I’m fughin done like toast , plus no one else rolling over here

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                Yeah we'd have a whole lot of long term complications, neurological problems, and deaths if that happened lol

There are fighters that don't give up.
                You're saying that we don't already see these problems?

An armchair corner man never would see. ……...Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Let's say in a 12 round bout after the 12th a minute goes by at max and if it turns out the scoring would end in a draw instead of leaving it at a draw we announce there will be a 13th and final round to decide a victor?

Both fighters would understand that this is it, make it or break it. Adds suspense for the viewing public and we get rid of draws.

Or should championship level fights just be moved up to 13 rounds definitely.
                  Won't that make the boxers hold back a little just in case they need to fight a 13th round, therefore, givings us a slower boring fight?

Why not just change championship fights to 13 rounders, that way they prepare for 13 rounds and their psyche is ready for 13 rounds.

Comment

• I'm not saying it's good to have more than 12 rounds but the chances of a draw would happen less if the fight were to end with the number of rounds as an odd number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      You're saying that we don't already see these problems?

An armchair corner man never would see. ……...Rockin'
                      Are you a moron? They made the change from 15 rounds to 12 rounds to protect the fighters.

Giving an unlimited number of rounds until a fighter gives upm without stoppages would be detrimental to fighters like Margarito for example who wouldn't give up until they suffered irreversible damage.

Imagine Margarito fighting pacquiao for 20 rounds or badou for 20 rounds because they didn't want to give up. Margarito already broke his orbital bone after 12, what more if they let the fight continue until he gave up.

Comment

Working...
                      X