No announcement yet.

Outrunning a Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outrunning a Boxer?

I've been wondering how some fighthers would actually outrun their opponent or to make them stop running around the ring? My coach says hes going to make me spar with another opponent in my gym, but I noticed hes fast,runs around the ring, and throws lots of flurrys to the body of his opponents. Any advice on how to try and outrun this boxer?

dont try and out run, for this kind of fighter you really have to cut off the ring, whenever hes moving keep on him and try to get him in the corners or against the ropes, this way you will save energy and he will lose it when you get him cornered throw flurrys at him. CUT OFF THE RING REMEMBER THAT!!!! GET HIM CORNERED!!!!! STAY ONE STEP AHEAD OF HIM!!!!!

Comment

thanks for the advice sir, any other advice is useful.

PS. i dont think he will go hard on me he has 4 years experience and i have 1month.coach just sending me to spar with him.maybe hell take it easy on me.

Comment

maybe, but the point of the excersise could to just toughen you up, trust me i learned to never underestimate your opponent.

Comment

yes good point. Ill still try to do the advice you gaved me.thanks alot.

Comment

i maybe could give u advice but i need to know if hes bigger or smaller then u like by height and weight

Comment

Originally posted by knuckz
              I've been wondering how some fighthers would actually outrun their opponent or to make them stop running around the ring? My coach says hes going to make me spar with another opponent in my gym, but I noticed hes fast,runs around the ring, and throws lots of flurrys to the body of his opponents. Any advice on how to try and outrun this boxer?
              Listen if he has 4 years experience and you a month than he will beat you upp bad if he wants to, and if he do go light on you (and every decent guy should).

You should try different things and see what works best on him.
              If runs around you must cut off the ring like dyl-g said.

By the way it will be easier to help if you give your height,weight,reach and age.

Comment

Originally posted by leff
                Listen if he has 4 years experience and you a month than he will beat you upp bad if he wants to, and if he do go light on you (and every decent guy should).

You should try different things and see what works best on him.
                If runs around you must cut off the ring like dyl-g said.

By the way it will be easier to help if you give your height,weight,reach and age.
                yes it would be easier to give us ur height weight reach and age , and your oppenents as well

Comment

Sorry that i havent responded lately been off for a couple of days. Heres some info on me and my opponent
                  weight:145/120 or 130
                  height: both same height

Comment

Originally posted by knuckz
                    Sorry that i havent responded lately been off for a couple of days. Heres some info on me and my opponent
                    weight:145/120 or 130
                    height: both same height
                    do u hit harder?

Comment

Working...
                    X