chinups to failure
    dips to faliure
    situps to failure
    elastic band workout for biceps,and lats
    bodyweight squats to failure
    shadow box with 5 lbs db.
    hit the bag.
    how does it look?

Well, Im doing intense work outs now every day, and let me tell you. Working out every day is much more effective then 3 times a week...Im sure you knew that but I have gained quite a bit of muscle in 2 weeks time by pumping iron every day of the week for 40min a day.

So I say keep doing what your doing but to a point where the next day you can do the same amount.

I personaly no longer get sore no mater how much I work out. I wake up the next day feeling no soreness in my muscles.

Otherwise what you do is pretty much what I do, and its worked for me well.

Comment

sfdmalex where ever I go I always here this, when your working out its best not to do it everyday. Do one hour weightlifting sessions 4-5 times a week and break it up. Your muscle tears and rebuilds that what I hear on every forum so im just passin on what I hear, and tis not jsut 1 person that says it.

Comment

Originally posted by jumpman_jones
        sfdmalex where ever I go I always here this, when your working out its best not to do it everyday. Do one hour weightlifting sessions 4-5 times a week and break it up. Your muscle tears and rebuilds that what I hear on every forum so im just passin on what I hear, and tis not jsut 1 person that says it.
        I dunno man, I know thats the right way...the not every day way.

But I seriously grew much faster from working out every day then working out 3 times a week.

I'm sure my body has a lot to do with it. I have very quick metabolizm, and I regain my energy fast...I can play 3 hours of ball straight, then chill for 2 and then I can do another 3 hours...

So I guess my muscle rebuilds faster then normal aswel.

Comment

kant forget about the shoulders man the rotator cuff muscles play a tremendous amount in boxing substitute biceps for shoulder strengthening

Comment

so should i do shrugs military press or how can i work my shoulders with just bodyweight exercises

Comment

Pullups work your sholders, you're already doing chin-ups but I think pullups work the sholders more, im not sure though. Also it's good to switch up your routine every once in a while. Switching it up helps shock the muscle memory and give you a better work out.

Comment

chin ups work your lats and biceps more and pull ups work more your traps and delts

Comment

for shoulder strengthening, go to yahoo or google.com type rotator cuff muscle exercises. I am one who has natural loose shoulders so the ligaments tend to make my shoulders seem unstabled i have to do these exercises to maintain stability. no chin up or pushup can really exercise the rotator cuff like the exercises youll see when u research. my favortie, external rotation and side raises. Its a pain in the ass having loose shoulders, trying to avoid surgery but shoulder exercises can really benefit you in boxing

Comment

Working...
                  X