No announcement yet.

Cuban style of training...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuban style of training...

I recently herd of this Cuban style of boxing training, cant remember where i herd of it, could of been on here, but basicly it consistes of 20 rounds of shadowboxing and only 3 rounds of everything else like mitts heavybag sparring ect. My question is does anyone follow this style of training? im gunna give it a try cus I can see how it could really work. Everyone says shaddow boxing is the most underrated training exercise out there. Let me no what you think...

Originally posted by mickyward5656 View Post
    I recently herd of this Cuban style of boxing training, cant remember where i herd of it, could of been on here, but basicly it consistes of 20 rounds of shadowboxing and only 3 rounds of everything else like mitts heavybag sparring ect. My question is does anyone follow this style of training? im gunna give it a try cus I can see how it could really work. Everyone says shaddow boxing is the most underrated training exercise out there. Let me no what you think...
    I once saw a documentary about boxing training in La Habana and it wasn't like that at all. This guys would get up and run like hell in the morning, obviously different work outs different days. in hte after noon they would do the gym work, lots of stations and supervision over there but all eyes where on sparring. they take their boxing very serious over there.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
      I once saw a documentary about boxing training in La Habana and it wasn't like that at all. This guys would get up and run like hell in the morning, obviously different work outs different days. in hte after noon they would do the gym work, lots of stations and supervision over there but all eyes where on sparring. they take their boxing very serious over there.
      before you comment do your research. i was born in Havana Cuba i started boxing when i was 7 in the cuban system so i know what im talking about and the doc you saw was only a clip of the training. 12 years and 236 am fights in cuba so i know the system. shadowboxing is the most important thing you can do. we would just shadowbox for 2 hours a day. the sparring is alot more than 3 rounds, im talkin about the floor exercisizes are 3 rounds each

Comment

^ ^
        this is the man to ask!

Tell me though, did you shadow box with weights as well? or what was the routine?

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
          ^ ^
          this is the man to ask!

Tell me though, did you shadow box with weights as well? or what was the routine?
          i would not use weights because you are truly learning your body through shadowboxing and the extra weight is not natural, therefor will hinder your progress. shadowbox with your gloves on for at least half of your shadowboxing. and all ways remember your shadow is the perfect opponent you cant hurt it, it cant hurt you, its always there and its always ready to go some rounds

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
            before you comment do your research. i was born in Havana Cuba i started boxing when i was 7 in the cuban system so i know what im talking about and the doc you saw was only a clip of the training. 12 years and 236 am fights in cuba so i know the system. shadowboxing is the most important thing you can do. we would just shadowbox for 2 hours a day. the sparring is alot more than 3 rounds, im talkin about the floor exercisizes are 3 rounds each
            Like I said, it was a documentary, not calling you a liar never even read your post where you mention all your knowledge about the Cuban system. I do find it funny thou that after all those years in Cuba you don't even know it's not "Havana" its "La Habana" with long b. If you say shadowboxing for 2 hrs a day would give Cuban am fighters the edge and that what I saw was an all bs documentary, I take your word for it boss. Olleme chiquitico note ponga comemierda tu!

Comment

This is a great threat. Please keep posting dchampishere lol.

Comment

Like I said, it was a documentary, not calling you a liar never even read your post where you mention all your knowledge about the Cuban system. I do find it funny thou that after all those years in Cuba you don't even know it's not "Havana" its "La Habana" with long b. If you say shadowboxing for 2 hrs a day would give Cuban am fighters the edge and that what I saw was an all bs documentary, I take your word for it boss. Olleme chiquitico note ponga comemierda tu!
                I am not really sure but i think that in english is written "Havana" and "Habana" in spanish (no much diference), and as we know, he was writing in english.

Havana (Spanish: La Habana?·i, IPA: [la aˈβana]
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havana

Comment

Originally posted by estbn View Post
                  I am not really sure but i think that in english is written "Havana" and "Habana" in spanish (no much diference), and as we know, he was writing in english.

Havana (Spanish: La Habana?·i, IPA: [la aˈβana]
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havana
                  I live in Puerto Rico, I know many Cubans, can't picture a single Cuban who would write Havana, English or Spanish, you don't know how proud this ppl are. Not saying this dude is talking bs, just thought its odd that's all.

Comment

I live in Puerto Rico, I know many Cubans, can't picture a single Cuban who would write Havana, English or Spanish, you don't know how proud this ppl are. Not saying this dude is talking bs, just thought its odd that's all.
                    i know many Puerto Ricans and to say that they all write and think and spell a like is very silly dont you think? and for my second language i think i write very well. and this site is in ingles no?

Comment

Working...
                    X