Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters Who People Think Are Overrated, But You Don't?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters Who People Think Are Overrated, But You Don't?

Name me some fighters or fighter, that everyone thinks is overrated, but you don't seem to think the same.

Naseem Hamed.

Despite people saying he got "exposed" by Barrera, he was a very dominant force in boxing, during his prime. He was the man at the featherweight division and one of, if not the, hardest P4P punchers in featherweight history.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalty View Post
      Naseem Hamed.

Despite people saying he got "exposed" by Barrera, he was a very dominant force in boxing, during his prime. He was the man at the featherweight division and one of, if not the, hardest P4P punchers in featherweight history.
      Good choice!

Comment

Rocky Marciano has been called overrated so often that it's like he's become underrated.

Comment

I rate Jack dempsey very high! alot of people dont agree with me how i high i rate jack, i also rate naseem hamed high in his prime i would give him a 50/50 chance against any great feather or superfeather! I rate Michael nunn very high! i think at middleweight he would of beat duran, sugar ray and hearns, that guy was a monster in his prime.Also Donald curry i rate as one of the best welterweights of all time, if not for weight trouble he would of never have lost at the weight!

Comment

Also Michael moorer was great back in the day never lost as a lightheavyweight was avoided by all the then lightheavyweight champions, and was the first ever southpaw heavyweight champion beating atg evander for his title! i rate double m as a great fighter, who would be a match for any lighheavyweight past or present! and he would of give alot of the great past heavyweights trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
              I rate Jack dempsey very high! alot of people dont agree with me how i high i rate jack, i also rate naseem hamed high in his prime i would give him a 50/50 chance against any great feather or superfeather! I rate Michael nunn very high! i think at middleweight he would of beat duran, sugar ray and hearns, that guy was a monster in his prime.Also Donald curry i rate as one of the best welterweights of all time, if not for weight trouble he would of never have lost at the weight!
              micheal nunn was already considered an all time great while he was still champ, it was a huge upset when toney knocked him out in 91 and made the news ( non - sports news ).

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                micheal nunn was already considered an all time great while he was still champ, it was a huge upset when toney knocked him out in 91 and made the news ( non - sports news ).
                Yes but people dont rate nunn that high no more! they have forgot what he was like in his prime

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                  Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
                  Yes but people dont rate nunn that high no more! they have forgot what he was like in his prime

Nunn was a great talent, but I don't consider him an all time great and don't remember any talk of him being an all time great when he was at his best. I do remember him being compared to Ray Leonard after his fights with Tate and Kalambay, but that talk was stifled quickly after his fights with Barkley and Starling. I've always considered him a great talent that didn't live up to his potential. Jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Nunn was a great talent, but I don't consider him an all time great and don't remember any talk of him being an all time great when he was at his best. I do remember him being compared to Ray Leonard after his fights with Tate and Kalambay, but that talk was stifled quickly after his fights with Barkley and Starling. I've always considered him a great talent that didn't live up to his potential. Jmo.
                    Barkley can make most fighters look bad! tommy hearns could never deal with barkley, at leat nunn got the win, same with starling nunn had to lose ten pounds just a couple of days before that fight but still beat a tricky fighter in starling, At his best nunn beats hearns, sugar ray and duran and all 3 of them knew it and wanted no part of nunn. There was alot of talk of nunn being a great in his prime after knocking out the the slick avoided kalambay, takeing the unbeaten record of gold medalist frank tate and beating former world champions barkley and curry, that does not make fans ask could this fighter be a great? of course it does! plus you have sugar ray, duran and hearns avoiding nunn

Comment

Working...
                    X