No announcement yet.

Joe Joyce and Daniel Dubois have agreed to fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I hate UK odds. Whats a 5/6? Like a +120?

Are UK cats more hyped on Joyce or Dubois?
    I've never been good as explaining odds, but 5/6 pretty much means you get 5 back for every 6 you put on (plus your original stake). Pretty much even odds.

Same with Joyce who's 10/11. Seems the bookies can't really split them at present.

It is confusing though. I just looked at a betting converter and Joyce's 10/11 comes out as -110. And Dubios at 5/6 comes out as -120.

I'm not sure if that makes too much sense to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
      I've never been good as explaining odds, but 5/6 pretty much means you get 5 back for every 6 you put on (plus your original stake). Pretty much even odds.

Same with Joyce who's 10/11. Seems the bookies can't really split them at present.

It is confusing though. I just looked at a betting converter and Joyce's 10/11 comes out as -110. And Dubios at 5/6 comes out as -120.

I'm not sure if that makes too much sense to be honest
      Oh f#ck I had it backwards lol.

So Dubois is the favorite then. But yea its not uncommon to see two - options when a fight is pick em-ish. I guess I'd have gotten that if I had noticed Joyce was 10/11 instead of 11/10 for example.

Comment

Apparently Joyce has also signed with Warren https://mobile.twitter.com/Ozzysmith...8820380672?p=v

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Apparently Joyce has also signed with Warren https://mobile.twitter.com/Ozzysmith...8820380672?p=v
          Fwank building a nice HW stable. A lot of good fights he could make. The loser of this one can face Gorman, maybe Warren can use his Arum connections, open his wallet to get the winner a fight with Pulev for the AJ shot.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Oh f#ck I had it backwards lol.

So Dubois is the favorite then. But yea its not uncommon to see two - options when a fight is pick em-ish. I guess I'd have gotten that if I had noticed Joyce was 10/11 instead of 11/10 for example.
          Gotta admit I read that way as well which is why I got it wrong. My guess though is most people in the UK would rate Joyce higher right now and expect odds to shift that way.

On hype in particular maybe Dubois has slightly more in that he's been brought along well by Warren whereas Joyce has been hopping from one promoter/manager/country/TV channel to the next for a while.

Comment

Awesome fight! didn't think they'd take it.

Dubois should win if he can stay on his feet.

Comment

Wait what? Did not see this coming at all.

Comment

Great news. These guys have the balls.

Comment

Holy shit, hahaha...

Dynamite Danny gonna expose Slow Joe Joyce.

Comment

Don't believe it till i see the 2 of them in the ring together

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      Gotta admit I read that way as well which is why I got it wrong. My guess though is most people in the UK would rate Joyce higher right now and expect odds to shift that way.

On hype in particular maybe Dubois has slightly more in that he's been brought along well by Warren whereas Joyce has been hopping from one promoter/manager/country/TV channel to the next for a while.
                      Yea Joyce ditching the UK for US fights for just shy of a year has me curious if there is some backlash with fans with him like Khan has gotten.

Idk I'm less confident on the fight with Dubois as a favorite or even as a pickem doe. If he was a dog & likely to become a worse dog I thought it was a sexy lil bet. But a slight lean Dubois' way makes sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X