View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 07:13 AM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 67,860.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
You know the point I was making but you purposely ignore it.

especially the Duran point.

my point has always been that your actually weight varies greatly depending on how you train. Your natural weight, your real weight and functionality at that weight is different.

FOR EXAMPLE.

Duran has been 135 lbs and he has been 250 lbs.

He has however, never been a real heavyweight. Because carrying lot of weight on a smaller frame only makes you heavier, not bigger.

Rocky, had a bigger frame, big enough to knock old Joe Louis right through the ropes, but was carrying very little weight which would attest to his great stamina.

LET ME REMIND YOU

that Deontay Wilder was 212 lbs in his bout with Fury, his debut weight was 207 lbs. Yet nearly everyone considers Wilder a big heavyweight. I'm pretty sure that is lighter than Joe Louis was that night,and I wouldn't call Louis fat, he was just older and worn out.

So if you actually think that Hagler and Rocky are similar in size you are kidding yourself. stop playing dumb
You didn't read half my post, yet I am playing dumb?

Look at what a monster Ali is in the ring with Frazier. Frazier who trained comparable to Marciano. Maybe not to the degree, but when he came to a fork in the road, he went down the lane Marciano took, not the one Galento and Tua took.

Getting hit by a 175 pound man feels WAY different than getting hit by a fellow Middleweight or Light Middleweight. That's why Hagler never abandoned his home division.
But you don't think he could have bulked up beyond 160? Again, everything you said of Marciano the man-possessed is true of Hagler. Marciano's power and the dearth of talent at Heavyweight (particularly at that time) compared to Light Heavyweight being the difference.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote