No announcement yet.

glove wraps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glove wraps

are glove wraps just as good as regular hand wraps? they definitely seem more convenient, but im just wondering about the quality.

I have been using the Evelast Evergel Glove Wraps for my bag and mitt work for about three weeks. They certainly give more padding in the knuckle area. However, I have two concerns: I am not sure they provide the same amount of supprot for the back of the hand and wrist as do traditional wraps, and (2) I am not sure they will last as long. TIme will tell. I am interested in other's opinions.

Comment

to me they tend to look betterp, especially as you dont have to learn how to wrap properly.

however, think of it this way...there has to be a reason why the pros still use traditional wraps

Comment

I'm not too excited about my glove wraps. I strap them on correctly and often they're so tight that after several rounds on the bags, my hands will slightly swell up from lack of blood flow. Sometimes I'll forcibly wrap them on lightly, but it comes at the cost of scraping against the knuckles, rather than protecting them.

Traditional tape works best, but it is NOT the most convenient or time-conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by saq26
          are glove wraps just as good as regular hand wraps? they definitely seem more convenient, but im just wondering about the quality.
          from what i hear traditional style hand wraps are best,also depends if your hands are wrapped properly

Comment

my trainer uses them. he said they work great

Comment

Working...
            X